Custom Mame32

Been a LONG ass time since I used MAME, let alone compiled my own, and I'd like some help.

These are the things I want to do.

1: Remove drivers for games I don't want. I only want games I'll play in my build, I'd like to keep it small and not have roms cluttering up my hard drive, for stuff I'll never play.

2: Compile this cut down version, optimized for i686. I did this the last time I compiled my own (Years ago) but I don't really remember what I need and how to do it.

3: Possibly compile a version optimized for a dual core CPU, as I'm building a new AMD Athlon 64 X2 system. Is this possible, or am I stuck with just i686 optimizations?

Looking in "makefile" allows optimisation for ATHLON, I686, P4, PM, AMD64

and under that you can build for a 64-bit platform.

The easiest way to not want to get roms is just don't get them!

But, if you really want to cut down the size, you will need to look at each driver file, see if you want any of those games or not. If not, look in mame.mak and you may be able to remove it from compiling. You REALLY need to know what you are doing though. You also need to comment-out or remove any games from mamedriv.c

For multi-processor, just specify -mt in the command line when playing a game.

I'm quite willing to put in the work, I want a streamlined, personalized MAME32 for myself.

I want it just to my tastes, listing only the roms I care to have, and other information I wish to have.

Streamlining it, has all the "personal" benefits I want, and removing drivers I don't want is only the start.

I've already got everything together, and I've been playing with removing drivers, but up until your piece of info I was getting nowhere. I just removed every driver but Neo-Geo for a test run, and I'll go from there right down to specific CPUs and Sound systems.