my enemy territory experience.

installed the game.

loaded game.

quit game, loaded update patch.

started game.

got onto server

spent 15 mins downloading maps and crap.

server disconnected

got onto another server

spent another 15 mins loading crap.

server refuses to let me in.

got onto another server

spent 15 mins loading crap.

got "incorrect version" error.

repeat a few times.

got fed up and posted about it here.

sounds like Quake 4. Its next to impossible to play online unless you want to play in the same 20 servers all the time. The built in server browser doesnt work AT ALL, the beta patch will find you like 10 games if your lucky, but makes the game work in the weirdest way (it has to change screen resolution all the time and stuff, its really clunky and weird and inefficient) and with XFire....well you have to use XFire (which sucks because for some reason UT2k4 wont open while XFire is open, although they have patched it a bunch of times since then and i haven't bothered trying it again) Theres better server browser tools than XFire but its pretty much all the same.

lol, look in the right servers :P, the game is fun but to many people know how to play it now, so being a noob kind of sucks.

yeah, the five minutes i DID manage to play, i got slaughtered repeatedly.

maybe i should stick to medal of honor :D

Enemy Territory is definitely a completely different type of monster. Not too noobie friendly.

I'm really looking forward to Enemy Territory: Quake Wars though. It's hot crap. :P

Get Fritz Bot. The guy who made that bot program for Wolf ET was hired by id software to make bots for ET: Quake Wars (and presumably work on AI for their internal game) so you know its quality stuff.

Enemy Territory is definitely a completely different type of monster. Not too noobie friendly.

I'm really looking forward to Enemy Territory: Quake Wars though. It's hot crap. :P

Indeed, can't wait for it.

Can't wait for it either, but I played first on servers that state when shots hit because the game is freaking next to impossible to play on servers where you dont know what your shooting (No one takes mercy on anyone, so be prepared to be called noob even by your own teamates).

Also, if you want to win, go on the team defending for the maps (usually alliance), since everyone stocks up XP on axis owning.