Dust and Computers ...

I open my machine up and suck all the dust up with a small vacuum cleaner. I also never turn my main machine off. Ofcourse only when i clean it with a vacuum. I might be upgrading soon, so looks like i'll have to keep that new baby clean and shiny like all my other gadgets B)

Has nobody ever told you guys that vacuums generate static electricity? Worst thing you could ever clean your computer out with.

I know it's using an attachment, but there is still potential risk. I won't get anywhere near my system with a vacuum cleaner.

Has nobody ever told you guys that vacuums generate static electricity? Worst thing you could ever clean your computer out with.

I know it's using an attachment, but there is still potential risk. I won't get anywhere near my system with a vacuum cleaner.

I was going to say the same. Electrostatic discharge could easily result from using small vacuums. And if that happens -- then your mobo, or anything else in the case could start malfunctioning, burn out, etc.

I bought this like stretchy latex-ey tube stuff from the hardware store that i stretch over the end of the vacuum cleaner so that doesnt happen. Plus it concentrates the suction and works better.

Its probably horrible for the vacuum but i could give a crap about that