What kind of fight would you want to get into?

Not a big fan of fighting, but a one-on-one fist fight could be kinda fun, what with the adrenaline pumping and all.

One where I die. Not because I want to die, but because I want to die in battle. I'm old fashioned like that.

Please explain why you'd love to die in battle. :thumbsd:

In Viking warrior societies, dying in battle is the highest honor a man can attain. One earns an afterlife in Hel by dying in bed. One earns a place in Valhalla by dying, with honor, in battle. This is carried over into the worship of a pantheon in which the gods themselves will one day die in battle at Ragnarök. Exactly what will happen, who will fight whom, and the fates of the participants in this battle are well known to the Norse peoples from the sagas and skaldic poetry. The Völuspá — prophecy of the völva (sybil), the first lay of the Poetic Edda, dating from about the year 1000 AD — spans the history of the old gods, from the beginning of time to Ragnarök, in 65 stanzas. The Prose Edda, put in writing some two centuries later by Snorri Sturluson, describes in detail what takes place before, during, and after the battle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ragnarok

I don't necessarily follow old Norse mythology religiously, but it's still pretty lame to die of some disease in bed when I'm old and decrepit.

Fighting of any kind is not as fun as it sounds. I have been in enough brawls or fist fights that I have lost count. Someone has to lose and in reality all lose. You think you win if you do kick the other persons ass but really you lose too. You lose because you lose part of your soul everytime it happens. You may feel good at first for winning something you though was worth fighting for but in the end it is all just not worth it. You start to feel sad for the other person and you begin to think am I just a bully and is everyone afraid of me. Plus you get scares not only physical but emotional.

Sure it feels good at first but take it from me you will pay in the end sometime somewhere.

I wouldn't want to be in a fight just for the sake of it simply because punch ons were matter of course at my high school and I've had enough of them.

The only thing that would be fun would be a swordfight, only because I think it would be a rush to 1) be strong enough to actually wield a sword and 2) to have the skill to make such a huge gamble with life and limb, so to speak.

one i could win.

but... what if you couldn't win at all? >_>

This is why I don't like fights.

Now, if I were very strong and knew how to defend myself with utmost finesse, that would be a completely different story

one i could win.

but... what if you couldn't win at all? >_>

Then you keep fighting for the XP. Eventually you'll reach the same level as them and can begin competing. Or die, whichever comes first.

i hate fighting, because i get really pissed off and try and kill the other person, i have a problem with knowing when to stop. which is why i'll do anything to avoid a fight unless i really need to defend myself. (and someone "talkin crap" does not justify a fight in my eyes)