KOF2k3nd

kof2k3b : 271-p1.rom 8388608 bytes d0edf325 INCORRECT CHECKSUM: 57a1981d

kof2k3b : 271-s1.rom 131072 bytes 8e33b485 INCORRECT CHECKSUM: c47f8ac3

can someone answer me as to why the game plays on my mame version, yet tells me that they checksums are incorrect?

and furthermore, the same goes for my kof2002 rom.

There's probably only a few bytes difference between them.

Try to get the proper ones if you can.

the thing is I got them to run smoothly (I am using a fixed mame32K 0.64, not the hacked one)

I am just wondering why it is that they run.

Also, I dont see any of the bosses for the [bOSS EDITION] of the rom.

If I could find them I'd be more than happy to, but it seems unwise to ask or hint at where to do so.

I am pretty good at searching so maybe they will turn up.

Mame has crc checks to make sure it uses the correct roms, The rom may work fine, But it does not mean it is correct for that emulator. I suggest you go fine the correct roms for that emulator.

kof2k3nd is not even a proper dump, It has been hacked and protection removed. This is one of the reasons why there are differmt types of crc values.

Again the bosses hack is just that, It only a hack (not offical) . If its not not showing the bosses then it means you do not have the correct rom set.

Mame has crc checks to make sure it uses the correct roms, The rom may work fine, But it does not mean it is correct for that emulator. I suggest you go fine the correct roms for that emulator.

kof2k3nd is not even a proper dump, It has been hacked and protection removed. This is one of the reasons why there are differmt types of crc values.

Again the bosses hack is just that, It only a hack (not offical) . If its not not showing the bosses then it means you do not have the correct rom set.

In essence, I have a working rom, just not the ones intended for use on my mame.

Looks like I am in one hell of a search.

As far as for everything else, I am aware of the CRC's and what not.