i want to upgrade

gizmo_ult

First off, do you REQUIRE a laptop as your primary machine? If not, I suggest you build your own desktop, as from a parts-price standpoint, laptops are nearly double in cost for the equivalent desktop, and MORE than double if you are building a desktop yourself rather than buying one.

If you are set on a laptop, and it has to be cheap, you aren't going to get something that you should expect much out of for gaming compared to a desktop of the same value. See above.....

Cheap is also a matter of opinion, if you mean REAL cheap, go to Walmart or something and check out their machines or any other department store.

If you want finer details and suggestions, you'll have to provide more details on just what it is you want and how much you're willing to spend.

i just wanted to buy a good laptop to take my work that i do to diff places and i can't do that with a desktop but with cheap i mean not a lot of money but still very good like more than 800 to as high and then if i know the price of a good one i will save my money to get it

Here's your $800 mark http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5707020

Not a bad machine, and certainly better (In some regards, especially for a gamer) than the one that's almost $900 they offer that has Intel graphics.

You pretty much can't go wrong with known brands, and picking a machine that suits your needs. If you want to game on it, go with something that offers a decent video chipset like a Radeon or GeForce, Intel graphics chipsets won't get you anywhere. Then from there, see what the best all-round package for processor and RAM is, and you're set.

HPs are nice, a friend of mine has one.

But like he said, best way is to build your own desktop, i like to keep very on top of whats for sale and how things compare so i can help you out there. and even if you buy a desktop, your going to get a better PC for the same amount of money than if you bought a laptop.

If you really need a laptop though, I would seriously recommend just saving up about 1200 instead, you can get a decent gaming laptop for around that price nowadays.