Can one be hacked through kaillera server app.?

Sturmvogel

I was hosting a Kaillera server (our 1Emu server) yesterday and noticed some strange execution code in the command window for the server app. I was mindful to printscreen it but I restarted my computer, forgetting to save it.

The address I saw looked like /Roxio/XX.dll. That's the last bit of it. Then there were some strange filetype abbreviations all jumbled together. This was done a user who repeatedly joined the server. I'm somewhat worried about this....

Sounds like buffer overflow exploiting -- which would cause the restarting. Potentially, someone (if able through the exploit) could execute whatever kind of code they want to on your PC.

I would recommend using only servers with the most up-to-date version of Kaillera -- and if that's where the problem lays, I would stay off Kaillera period.

Edited by olaf

Unless I'm misinterpreting you're response, I'm not speaking of joining a server such as Godweapon etc. But actually hosting your own server.

And nothing happened on my computer that I noticed. I did the restart as a precautionary measure. It wasn't caused by any malicious means.

Roxio is a software company... They're most famous product is Easy CD Creator. Do you have that software installed on your computer?

http://www.roxio.com/

I'm familiar with the program GC. And no I don't have it intstalled, which is all the more bizarre. Diso suggested I switch to emulinker, which supports the kaillera, is more stable and secure. I'm playing around with it now.