Paypal Account

Mooney

So I'm signing up for Paypal, but I don't know which kind of account I should get. Here are the choices:

Personal Account

Ideal for shopping online. It’s a free, secure, and fast way to send payments. You can also accept bank account or PayPal balance-funded payments for free and a limited number of credit or debit card payments per year for a low fee. Learn more

Premier Account

Perfect for buying and selling on eBay or merchant websites. Accept all payment types for low fees. Do business under your own name.

Business Account

The right choice for your online business. Accept all payment types for low fees. Do business under a company or group name. Learn more

I know I don't need a Business account, but which one should I sign up for if I'm going to be doing a good amount of online shopping and maybe some eBaying?

Because, if you read the descriptions, there is also the issue of fees. If anyone here has used Paypal, I would like their input as to which type of account would take the least out of my transactions for fees. :unsure: I would mostly be doing small purchases, and maybe a few large sales, and I would like to save as much money as possible.

However, if you feel this topic is nothing but a detriment to the integrity of the forum, please, by all means, go ahead and delete it.

By no means.

Fees are the same across all accounts, except now Paypal is letting you accept Credit Card payments on Personal Accounts (For an EXTRA fee btw). If you intend on selling ANYTHING, get a Premier account and avoid the extra fees. It's like having a basic bank account versus a premium one. If you need to use the extra features, even a few times a year......it's better to go up a tier.

The Premium Account will cost you nothing, you only have a % of your sales taken as a fee. It gets smaller with larger $ values, so check Paypals Fee Schedule. The Personal Account used to be you could only make payments, but it appears now you can accept them. They'll charge you an extra fee PLUS the small % to accept credit card payments with a Personal Account, so go Premier.

A Business account was useful to me, as it was just a Premier account with extra features. At the time I had one, it cost nothing extra.

i think mine is premier because i had to upgrade to sell things, supposedley you dont have to anymore.

I would just get premier beacuse i think business is more intended for people who make alot of sales.

BTW I would reccomend NOT using paypal unless you HAVE to, everything about it is slow and a pain in the ass.

I've never had a problem with Paypal, and I've had 2 claims filed on me for a refund due to non delivery. I had no internet connection for 3 months, and even though I closed my store down 3 people managed to place orders (Cached pages? Google FTW!!) and I had no knowledge.

They got their money back, even though I shipped to 1 of them on the basis they'd return payment (And never did).

The only people with big complaints against Paypal, are idiots who don't conduct their business properly. If theres any doubt, don't deal with someone!

My complaints are centered around its slowness. I have mine tied to my checking account, and if i want money from a sale deposited into my checking account it takes around a week, which is stupid because it should take 24 hours MAX, MAYBE 2 days, They are just toying and flocking around with my money for a week.

That and alot of its security is so secure it becomes a pain in the ass to deal with, I know alot of people that have been screwed over not being able to accept payments and such. Another thing that bothers me is if i want to add a credit card, it has to charge me money, i have to get some code off my statement, type it in, and wait a few weeks? no flock that thats retarded, I already say no at the charging my card part, even if it is just a dollar and they give it back (if they even do, im assuming they do)