Wow XP Is really Terrible without tweaks

So while im waiting for my new HDD to come in the mail, i did a final last reformat to squeeze just a little bit more use out of this busted old HDD and installed XP SP2. Usually when i install Windows i have this big list of apps and tweaks that are must do/haves. But since in a couple days ill be disposing of this piece of crap i decided not to bother because ill just have to do it all again anyway soon. I never really noticed how terrible XP is like this :/ Internet browsing and system usage/stability is awful. It's really sluggish and anything P2P gets piss poor performance, its REALLY slow.

So while im waiting for my new HDD to come in the mail, i did a final last reformat to squeeze just a little bit more use out of this busted old HDD and installed XP SP2. Usually when i install Windows i have this big list of apps and tweaks that are must do/haves. But since in a couple days ill be disposing of this piece of crap i decided not to bother because ill just have to do it all again anyway soon. I never really noticed how terrible XP is like this :/ Internet browsing and system usage/stability is awful. It's really sluggish and anything P2P gets piss poor performance, its REALLY slow.

what's the list of apps and tweaks then?

Might be your system with the problem . I have not tweaked XP and it runs fine .

And like you say your hard drive has issues so how can you expect an OS to run properly ?

I can understand those who need to tweak XP when they have low end PC's

Mine runs smooth ( No tweaks ) and its only a 3 gig P4 with 1.5 gig of ram .