Okay you internet shoppers, I need help

ken_cinder

I just bought myself a supergun PCB, and my plans call for a metal (Preferably aluminum) briefcase as housing for it and components.

Only problem is, I can't find one big enough in stores here for a reasonable price, and NOTHING on Ebay that is feasible if it is big enough.

What I need is a briefcase that opens like any other, not a lawyers case or anything. I'm mounting a 5" PSOne LCD inside the lid with a set of speakers..........yes, a portable supergun. But it needs to be deep enough to house my components INCLUDING controls. I don't want this thing having anything that has to be attached externally execpt for the power cord, and being used on a normal TV.

I need a briefcase that is 24" long or more, 13" wide or more and at least 14" deep. I realize this isn't the norm for laptop cases or even the average briefcase. Which is why I'm asking for help in locating a suitable one.

Price must be reasonable, and metal isn't a must. PVC is fine, but no leathers or fabrics. HELP!

i did some quick searching, and yeah it seems all the metal cases are designed to be real slim

and even something as fatassed as this (im guessing you dont want something like this) seems not thick enough

http://mbstores-store.stores.yahoo.net/noname37.html

real high priced though O_o, ill keep looking for a little bit

EDIT: Its not possible to use ribbon cables or something to mount the cartridges sideways is it? because that would make it alot thinner

LOl, may I asked why do you need such a case for?

You wouldn't need to if you read my whole post. :P Portable Supergun, AKA Arcade machine consolized.

I understand that but why would you want to carry a supergun around? :(

I'll check out Office Depot, but I've decided I'm probably going to have to go with a small suitcase. You know, one of those carry-on PVC types. If I want my controls mounted internally, It's gotta be like 7" deep.

Oh and as for mounting sideways, it's totally possible......but then I'd need something even bigger lol

The only arcade PCB I currently own is Double Dragon, and it's 13" long x 12" wide and 2 layers (nearly 2") thick.

I'm guessing when you think arcade, you think CPS or Neo Geo. Most arcade hardware is standard JAMMA single PCB or even older than that standard.

Mount this vertically......

1115421321.jpg

Don't know what I need that engadget link for either.

Anyway, you'll see what I mean when I'm finished and I have pictures.