pSX

Haldrie

pSX is a Playstation emulator that has been in the works for some time now. The concept behind this emulator is to be easy to use by avoiding the use of plugins like most other popular Playstation emulators out there such as ePSXe. The author of this emulator has been accepting input from anyone willing to contribute their opinons on pSX's official forum.

The current version is 1.10 and you can download the latest versions here:

http://psxemulator.gazaxian.com

There is also a link to the forum on the site as well.

More info to come.

There have been some major updates to pSX since you last used it Weirdy. For starters it is now able to read subcode data from discs as well as being able to play Audio CD tracks. Version 1.6 introduce subcode reading and 1.8 added CDDA support. 1.10 is now the first mutilingual version and there have been several fixes to the reverb emualtion. This means that the audio gliches in games like FFVII and FFIX have now been corrected.

More then a year ago I'm guessing that would be one of the first versions. Yes they did run slow but the latest versions run full speed for every game that I have tried that works on it. This emulator is a definate rival for ePSXe and may soon surpass it in every way.

Since the newer versions I have stopped using ePSXe altogether except for games that won't run on pSX yet and I am constantly testing my games on each new version to be able to add my findings to their compatibily thread on their forum (before someone else beats me too it that is).