vbSMS+ v2.0 Released

olaf

After a little bit of work between brom and I on vbSMS+, I've decided we've done enough work for another release. Now that brom is back working on his/this project, changes made by him/I will be marked as appropriate. Below are the changes in version 2.0 of my Sega Mark III/Master System/Game Gear emulator.

- added in sprite collision detection (uncommented portions of vbsms source code) [brom]

- added in sprite limit toggling (uncommented portions of vbsms source code) [brom/olaf]

- added missing z80 i/o port mirrors for all supported z80 i/o ports [olaf]

- added header awareness, it will skip and load roms correctly now (recheck roms previously not working) [brom/olaf]

- added a vdp interrupt hack to get "spider-man - return of the sinister six" working [brom]

- added in crc32 checking of files for game specific "patches" (10 total -- as done with meka.pat) [olaf]

- added a memory editor with search/state functionality [olaf]

- added in support for the sega master system's pause button [olaf]

- added a fix for timing via an initialization routine [brom]

- added support for zip compressed rom files [olaf]

- changed the "configure input" window a little [olaf]

- changed game gear input detection a little, put it into the case (where it belongs) [olaf]

- changed input detection again [olaf]

- changed the version scheme x.x versus x.x.x (version 0.1.1's successor is 2.0) [olaf]

- removed the grayscale palette/palette switching [olaf]

It is recommended you reconfigure your inputs before playing, shared mapping may have occurred with the addition of support for the Sega Master System's Pause button. It is also recommended that you audit your ROMs with Maxim's SMS Checker.

You can visit the official homepage of vbSMS+ here, or simply download the latest version here.

Edited by olaf

Hey, nice release! :blink: A bunch of the games that didn't work in the last one for me worked now, but there are still a bunch of graphical glitches, and still no sound :lol: . But hey, it's looking good, and I LOVE the memory editor! :P