Gears Of War

Shibathedog

picked it up a couple days ago, and id say it was worth the hype, the controls are a little weird and took me a little bit to get used to, but once you do they are very good, i like the game alot :thumbsup1:

anyone else have it? play on live?

BTW Graphics are pretty amazing, and only on DX9 hardware, cant wait to see this engine on DX10! (Its the new Unreal Engine if i remember correct)

Since the 360 isnt DX10 I suppose it makes me feel better about running UT2007 now that I dont really want to shell out for one of those beastly GF8 cards.

Either way I hate that Gears of War is a 360 exclusive. Its one of those games Ive been really hyped about even though I wont get to play it. Glad to hear that something finally lives up to the hype.

I also have been waiting for this game for a long while and will pick it up at the end of the week. From the things I have heard/seen about it, it looks like it is gonna be one of those games that will be remembered.

personally i dont find the collectors edition worth it, the stuff you get is pretty much worthless IMO

but yeah im pretty hooked, ive been playing a mix of single/multiplayer whenever i have time to (which isnt THAT much lately because ive been at work way too much probably lol)

its one of those games having a sharp TV and loud/good sounding speakers makes really amazing to play