DS Games

GodPigeon

Well today i was in class and to my luck, my science teacher was absent. And i saw a kid with a Ds lite and i asked him if he would like to play Multiplayer New super mario brothers and we played and i destroyed him, then i challenged him to Mario kart DS and he said ok but i noticed he didnt turn anyting off or switch games and he had it. He had a flash cart full of DS Games on it. I didnt know that you could do that. If you can how so????

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my setup for playing DS games:

DSC01752.jpg

So basically what you need is a memory card adapter cart (M3 Perfect and Supercard are the most popular), a memory card (Usually SD or CF) to put games on, a pass device (PassMe, Passkey) or a NoPass card (Max Media Launcher, NoPass), and a way to put ROMs onto the flash cart (For me, a SD reader/writer, the big red thang in the pic). So then you download some ROMs, use the provided software to write them onto the memory card, then put the memory card and the pass device into the DS, and play. :thumbsup1: For more detailed info, I'm writing a complete guide to homebrew on the NDS. Hopefully I will be done within a week or so. But yeah, that's the basic idea behind it.

I was led to believe you only needed 1 cart when you play against someone locally. This isn't true for all games, and all features, but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Mario Kart DS is one of these titles.

Well, if I understand you correctly (And I'm not sure I do :thumbsup1: ), "backup" DS games do NOT work with single card download play if they are the host. However, they work fine with multi-card play, as well as Wifi play. :lol:

I was led to believe you only needed 1 cart when you play against someone locally. This isn't true for all games, and all features, but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Mario Kart DS is one of these titles.

Well, if I understand you correctly (And I'm not sure I do :thumbsup1: ), "backup" DS games do NOT work with single card download play if they are the host. However, they work fine with multi-card play, as well as Wifi play. :lol:

Well I was obviously referring to a retail copy. Nobody can complain about something like that not working, when they didn't pay for it.

Well, if I understand you correctly (And I'm not sure I do :lol: ), "backup" DS games do NOT work with single card download play if they are the host. However, they work fine with multi-card play, as well as Wifi play. :o

Yes you can play download play like that. He was using that and he had sonic rush( i think) but i didnt. So he did download play and we played. Maybe its not for all. :lol:

Thanks for that guide Mooney, im gonna hop to it quick :thumbsup1:

Also how much $ would that all run me??

Edited by GoRDoOnE

Thanks for that guide Mooney, im gonna hop to it quick :thumbsup1:

Also how much $ would that all run me??

Depends on the size of the memory card you get. The M3 and a NoPass card cost about $90, or if you don't want to be able to play GBA games, get a Supercard + NoPass card for about $50-$60. Then, a 1Gb SD card usually goes for around $30 these days, and a 2Gb goes for about $50.

• 3 weeks later...