Microsoft X06 Press Conference News

Gryph

Today was Microsoft's press conference at their XBOX event X06 which is taking place in Barcelona, Spain this year. Lots of big news. Click here for entire press release. Here are the highlights:

- Ensemble Studios is working on the Xbox 360 RTS Halo Wars. (Official site now up @ http://www.halowars.com. It has a full CG trailer.)

- The Splinter Cell game after Double Agent will be console exclusive to the Xbox 360.

- Following the release of Grand Theft Auto IV, the Xbox 360 will receive two exclusive downloadable episodes.

- Project Gotham Racing 4 is in the works.

- The HD-DVD player for the Xbox 360 will be released in North America, the U.K, France and Germany this November for $199/e199.

- Rare is working on a new Banjo-Kazooie game.

- Peter Jackson is going to work on a new Halo game (not Halo 3) and an unannounced game for Microsoft Studios with his new game company Wingnut Interactive.

- DOOM is coming to Xbox Live Arcade today, with co-op support.

You can check out the game demonstration videos at http://www.gametrailers.com/. If you have any links for videos, screenshots, whatever you would like to share then please post them here.

XBOX 360 and Microsoft are really on fire lately! Let us know what you think about today's news.

Just d/led doom. It's as cool as ever, but unfourtinitly I'm out of Mic. Points for this month so it'll take me a bit (or at least 2 weeks) to even get the full version......

Also, one thing that pissed me off, sega flocked up the new sonic game ...., the camera problem went from worse to wtfamIdoing, which really pissed me off.

The rts, I can't wait!!!

Screw project gotham, I want my forza motor sport.

After splinter cell 2 I haven't payed attention to the rest of the series...

BanjoKazooie!!!!!!!!!!! Give me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!