Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

Haldrie

Since it has only been about a week since it's US release I was getting curious as to how far people have been able to get in the game in this short span of time. Now mostly I'm refering to the Red Rescue Team version since this is the one that I have (only the rom but soon the real thing).

These are my stats as of this post:

Play Time: 4:42:40

Adventures: 20

Pokemon I am: Machop (LV 15)

Partner: Pikachu (LV 15)

Friends: Magnemite (LV 6)

Zigzagoon (LV 20)

Ratatta (LV 3)

My current "story mission" involves me going to Mt. Thunder to save a Pokemon named Shifty from the Pokemon that captured him (if you've made it this far then you should know what Pokemon I'm talking about).

Anyway I'm just curious to see how many others have gotten this far (or farther). Now I know some of you got a copy of the J rom when it came out so unfortunatly this question does not apply to you. Only those that either managed to get a hold of the rom or have actual bought and play the game on a real GBA system should answer this question.

It doesn't matter what information you put about your adventure just post whatever you think is important.

Edited by Haldrie

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

were did you get the rom

I'm sorry but I cannot answer that question. It is against the forum rules to request roms in any part of the site.

Edited by Haldrie

Didn't get a chance to buy it yet. But going too, how is the game in general?

This game is like no other Pokemon game before. There is no special battle arenas to go to everytime you fight. The battles take place right where they happen. It's kind of like FFXI Online and WoW where you see your enemy and you can try and avoid it (that part's not so easy sometimes) or fight it. Also, everything is turn based (the enemy won't move unless you do, giving you time to react). As far the actual story, you play as yourself as usual but you have been transformed into a Pokemon. The story is slowly revealing itself for me but the suspense is killing me. I can't wait to find out what happens next. The rom is already out on the net is several locations although none of them can be found on google (yet) and I can't post any links. Since you are already planning on buying it I see no harm in saying this. If you do manage to find a copy of the rom then try it out. It will give a good head start no what you'll need to do when you get the real game.

My rating to far would be a 9/10 (always leaving room for improvement). This is however the best Pokemon game yet (in my opinion) and anyone that likes Pokemon should get it.

You can visit the official site at:

http://www.pokemonmysterydungeon.com/

for more information and to get a jump start on the quiz that you have to take in the game.

Edited by Haldrie

Well, I plan on getting the DS version and not the GBA one. Besides in name and part of gameplay, I want to know if the gameplay isdifferent on the DS version.

As for the story, interests me highly.

Well, I plan on getting the DS version and not the GBA one. Besides in name and part of gameplay, I want to know if the gameplay isdifferent on the DS version.

As for the story, interests me highly.

Well let me know if it is different when you get it. I have a rom of it but I can't get any of the DS emulators to play it :shootem:. If there is no difference (except for maybe graphics) then my guess is that the DS will display the dungeons map on a seperate screen instead of as an overlay like the GBA version. I know that there is a wireless feature in Blue Rescue Team that will allow you to request help from someone else if you "faint" in a dungeon. Both games have codes that you send to someone that works the same way as the wireless feature does. At least as far as I have read (about it being like the wireless feature that is). I might try searching for some screenshots on google or something later to find out more.