Fastest Possible Video Card on this PC?

Shibathedog

Okay so im trying to upgrade the video card on this PC, i want to get the fastest one possible, but without spending tons of money, and without the rest of teh system being a bottleneck

Its got a P4 1.3GHz with 512MB RAM (I could put more ram in i guess, i have enough to make it 768MB, but it would be slower RAM, is it worth it? Its only slower by mixing PC800 with PC600) and it only supports up to AGP4X, as for the PSU Wattage, ill have to get back to you on that, im guessing around 350w, i guess i could upgrade that too later, they arent that much money nowadays

I was thinking this card would work

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814102609

or maybe this one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814161007

or are those too powerfull to bother with?

Right now im using a GeForce3, Somehow, its running everything at medium pretty well, but id like to get rid of all the FPS drops on WoW in heavily populated areas, and run CSS at at least 60FPS (its usually between 20 and 30 right now, jumps up to 40 every once in awhile)

teh maximum i want to spend is probably around 200, but id like to keep it at around 100 if possible (im buying speakers soon too, and i dont really want to wait any longer for them heh)

Personally, I would upgrade the cpu before anything else. My last computer was a 1.7 ghz, and I found that that was too slow.

I have the sapphire x800 gto2 and it's a great card, but I bet you wouldn't notice much difference because of the cpu.

I was in a similar situation a while back.. AGP and a low power situation.

I got a Leadtek 6600GT. No regrets about that. I would have gone for a vanilla 6800 except that power requirements for that would have been pushing it.

You know those GFX cards are Nvidia right ?

Specs? Price? I might get it actually

so should i just go with the first card for this PC though? I dunno about upgrading the processor, ill try, but again i can only go up to 2GHz :/

btw its a 250w PSU, so ill buy at least a 350w, probably a 400w for it, that should be fine right?

that video card isnt much better than what i have now, but i see how it would have been a good choice (plus that one supports DX9, and some other nice things mine right now doesnt)

i went an extra 40 dollars and bought an open box Sapphire X800GTO

supposedley you can "unlock" it to a full blown X850XTX so i can at least use it to somewhat of its potential now, and ill use it at first in my next PC for awhile untill i can afford some super badass card

it should be at my doorstop friday :shootem: