Console turned PC Gamer...

Man. I was just playing Half-Life multiplayer on my old computer. I don't see how anyone could manage to play this game with a mouse and keyboard. It's very uncomfortable and difficult to move fast.

Haha, I say the same thing about console controllers. You've just get used to it. I remember switching to mouse+keyboard for Quake 1 and it took a while. My only other mouse for gaming experience was with flight sims which is why I play only inverted now.

I'm wierd in that respect. I have a very "standard" setup for FPS games with my keyboard. I don't use the WASD crap, I use the arrow keys, along with Del+End+Down for special controls. Shift for jump, Ctrl for reload.....all keys over that area of the board.

As for inversion of aiming, there are some games I just can't play with it on, and some I have to play with it on. I still don't know why, but I'm naturally inclined to play inverted on tactical shooters, but normal on fast paced stuff like UT/Quake games.

I have a similar keyboard set up as you Cinder. Arrow keys to move, Keypad Ins for Use or Interact, RShift to Jump, RCtrl to Crouch, Enter for Reload, the 6 buttons above arrow keys and the other nearby keypad buttons for other stuff. I tried to switch to PL:" once but that just felt wrong.

This is why I hate these new keyboards that lack keypads and don't have those 6 keys lined in 2 sets of 3.

What gamer is in the mindset to know what keys he/she is pushing, like you would when using notepad? NONE! I don't know if my finger is on W or E when I'm playing, you can't tell the keys apart.

And yes, I'm extremely picky with my keyboards. I need a standard 101/104 that has no gap between the arrow and function keys above them. If theres a gap, I can't play properly as I'm reaching for those keys. I use Del + Page Down for leaning left and right in games...if I have to strain to reach those keys, f**k that.

And the keypad is a MUST, I bind all my taunts and stuff to it!

I so need to get into making my own peripherals for gamers, I'd make some cool sh!t. Multimedia keyboards are ass for gaming, especially those "ergonomic" curved ones......nobody's hands sit like that!

Yeah, I use Delete and Page Down for lean left and right too. It just makes sense to do that. I think I'm going to stock up on a bunch of proper keyboards before all this new age stuff becomes the only stuff readily available.