Sound Issue

Rag

Its been a while since I've posted on here. I'm having this problem with the audio on my computer. I just got a recent upgrade and about a week later I started having problems with my sound. The problem is I hear popping sounds through my speakers whenever there is audio accompanied by animation. So in games and online animations, among other things, there is a constant popping sound which bugs the hell outta me, but when I listen to music, there is not really a problem. There does seem to be a slight popping though when another sound plays along with the music. The problem only occurs every other time the computer is on. So right now, im not having the problem, but if I restart, I will have the problem. Thats why its so frustrating. I tried replacing my soundcard and that didn't help. I tried plugging in different speakers, that didn't help either. Maybe it has something to do with my mobo? Its an Asus A8V if that helps. If anyone has any advice, I would appreciate it.

Ok, but you forgot to tell us some other stuff.

What sort of sound card do you use?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers?

Did you make sure the speakers are plugged in all the way?

Had SB Live! then replaced with a new SB Audigy SE to test becaues the Live is very old.

Yes, and have tried alternative drivers.

Yes, although the popping does sound like it could be a wire type problem.

Edited by Rag

Yea, but it all seems to be ok. Its such an odd problem. I don't understand why its only during animation + sound, not just sound. For example, take a random YTMND such as http://soisoisoisoi.ytmnd.com/ and it will pop like crazy, but if I minimize the window and there is no animation for the rofl copter on the monitor, the sound is perfect.

I figured out the problem, it was my video drivers. I don't really get why, but when I reinstalled them, the sound didn't screw up anymore. Thats crappy ATI catalyst drivers for you. Thanks for the help Weirdy.

-EDIT-

Nevermind, the damn thing just looks like its fixed. Ok now I've got it working during online animations with sound, there is no popping. But as soon as I enter a game, the problem is back. Now I must ask, what the hell is wrong with this computer?

Edited by Rag

You are right, my mobo uses VIA K8T800 Pro chipset, but I don't really know what that is. How do I update my chipset drivers?

The chipset gets much better after you've updated its drivers properly. I know since I basically have the same motherboard. Simply go to http://www.viaarena.com and download the Hyperion Pro chipset driver package.

Ok, I downloaded and installed the hyperion pro chipset drivers. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong yet, but it might turn up. Am I supposed to notice anything different about the computer though?