Sound Issue

Rag

Ok, I downloaded and installed the hyperion pro chipset drivers. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong yet, but it might turn up. Am I supposed to notice anything different about the computer though?

Not necessarily, although updating the chipset drivers boosted Half-Life 2's performance on my comp back when I installed HL2 when it came out. Serious stuttering before but after the update everything ran considerably better.

Haven't had a problem yet after a couple reboots (which usually results in the problem.) It appears though that the soundblaster website states that users with soundblaster cards and my brand of mother board may experience problems. I didn't know that until just now. It could be possible that its fixed now anyways. Either way, its fixed now or I need a different brand of sound card... or onboard motherboard sound. Thanks for the help guys!

No, the driver update most likely fixed it.

Via, formerly Cyrix..is terrible at making compatible chipsets. There hasn't been a chipset made by them to date that hasn't caused serious compatibility issues with audio and/or video hardware in certain configurations.

The good thing I can say about them, is they usually address the problem...or try.

Update:

Ah well, the problems back. I guess its just as the soundblaster website said and that it will have problems with this motherboard. Oh well, i've reverted to the onboard AC 97 sound.