Double screen games in MAME

In OutRunners (and a few other games such as Lode Runner: The Dig Fight) MAME displays both screens (1P and 2P) simultaneously in a widescreen effect.

Can someone tell me how to get MAME to display just the left-hand screen in full-screen?

OutRunners used to be like this but then it was 'fixed'. I'm trying to play OutRunners with my Driving Force Pro whilst peering at a GBA sized screen.

So are there any settings within MAME that allow this to be changed?

Thanks.

I thought this was an emulation forum. Whenever anyone asks a question about emulation, the replies are nowhere to be seen. Instead you are all talking about random sh!t such as the latest game you are playing, what music you are listening to and who ate their dog in America.

Someone should close the Current Affairs thread so the forum members actually get back to helping people with Emulation or discussing the latest emulators.

If you people want to have substitutes to real life friends, go to a less specific forum.

PS: I suppose now I have starting talking about something other than emulation, the replies will flood in.

Edited by hi_resurrection

Uh, the reason no one is answering is because people don't know how to help you. Personally, if I can't give a good enough answer, I don't reply.

I've never fiddled enough with MAME to know how to "unfix" certain things (like double screen games), so I'm not going to give any advice.

EDIT: I just tested Outrunners and couldn't get it to show two screens for the life of me.

The reason we talk about other things is that we are a community; and there's not a real lot happening in emulation right now. And Agozer is correct; we don't have the answer at our fingertips at this moment.

• 1 month later...