Compiling Help

Mooney

I'm trying to use Jazz++, but the only way I can dl it is in its uncompiled form. IJTF_Cinder has informed me that I need wxWidgets 2.6.3 and MinGW, but I have no idea what for. ;) Could someone tell me how to compile it or give me a link to a good tutorial? Or, could someone compile it for me then e-mail it to me? :)

Sure looks like C++. Do you have Visual C++? You need it for compilation. Dev-C++ might do the work, but I'm not sure, since it doesn't have all the libraries Visual C++ has.

I'm not sure, but I belive wxWidgets 2.6.3 and MinGW are libraries you need to download. Ask Cinder about that. I think in order to install them you need to put them in the include directory of your compiler, but I'm not certain about it.

Anyways, after you get everything prepared, you need to load the source files and compile the main source file.

Yes you can certainly use Dev C++, provided you link the wxWidgets libraries in your compiler. In that case you won't need MinGW, as MinGW is a minimal setup and Dev C++ is a full fledged graphical enviroment.

Check out the README in Wordpad (Don't use Notepad, it won't display anything properly thats been written in a UNIX environment, even a simple README) for instructions on what you need and how to compile, and implement those things in whatever environment you're using.

Yep, you've linked the necessary includes to the compiler.

As for the README, take a look at wxwin2_port. It appears looking at the included files, theres a shell script for UNIX systems to compile and run it right out of the box.