Best PS2 emulator

someboddy

What is the best PS2 emulator? I have a new computer, so system requirements are not a problem.

I know what you think - "look it up yoursef, you lazy!" But it is not in my pocket, and I don't feel like looking in other places. Wait, did I just type that loudly?

Decent ps2 emulation does not exist yet.

That depends on what you would define by "decent." The videos the PCSX2 team released for FFX and Tekken 4 look almost decent to me. :clapping:

Yes, they look decent, but I doubt they'll play at at full speed. If an emulator can't do 60/60 or 50/50 on a powerful PC, then it isn't decent for some people.

Yes, they look decent, but I doubt they'll play at at full speed. If an emulator can't do 60/60 or 50/50 on a powerful PC, then it isn't decent for some people.

Yes, I know they won't play at full speed; I remember seeing the disclaimer saying that they only run at 3-5 FPS. They only made it look much better for the videos. They expect too much too soon; it's a 128 bit console; the only other emulator that emulates a console remotely close to being that powerful is the Chankast and even that emulator has some problems with certain games. :blink:

Heck; the Playstation 3 hasn't even come out yet so it's still a CURRENT console! :lol:

Edited by garyoak99