Scanlines on Chankast

So using scanlines will improve the speed ?

In some cases yes. In my case, when I was still using my old Pentium 200Mhz machine, I could get smoother gameplay in NeoRAGEx by enabling scanlines. I also grew accustomed to scanlines because they were always on.

But now I've grown out of that.

So if i want to use scanlines in Chankast what do i do ?

Also are there other programes that can help the fps ?

I have this program 3D Analyse that can emulate various stuff like pixel shader and there are a lot of options there,can you take a look at it Agozer ?

I have this program 3D Analyse that can emulate various stuff like pixel shader and there are a lot of options there,can you take a look at it Agozer ?

If you are kind enough to give me a link, sure.

Well, a GF2MX or a GF4MX are too low-end cards for Chankast to begin with, so you really can't expect much out of those cards even with tweaks. Neither of those cards have advanced DX8 rendering routines, not to mention that Chankast requires DX9, to even function properly (and with that Chankast also makes use of the rendering options DX9 provides).

Neither of those cards have vertex shader or pixel shader support, which is, once again required by Chankast. Fiddling with any of the pixel shader stuff in 3D-Analyze won't do much good.

I don't really know what to say about that program either... sure, it offers a lot of tweaking, but ultimately, since the cards you mentioned don't fare too well, enabling some tweaks will result in a severely downgraded graphics. Even to the point where it's not even fun to play anymore.

Ok ok, enough ranting. You could try to force small 32x32 textures, and enable anti-detection for shaders. Of course, there is no real point in disabling textures or rendering altogether for that matter, so... Disabling two-sided stencils might help, or on the flipside, will make the game unplayable. You can also disable lighting, but again, the game won't look too hot. Forcing software Transform & Lighting just slows down rendering, because the calculations aren't done by the card anymore, so don't use that either.

You could enable the emulation of certain effects, but that slows down the emulation.

So, if none of these work, then nothing else will.