This is Gay (RELEASE NOW!)

Shibathedog

Yea i know about that for a few days.

Thing is,that hacked firmware will not be released,because the dude who did kinda doesnt want to go to jail,you know..what he did could put him away for quite some time..

But,what he left behind him is a rich documentation on how to do it,so there's a chance someone else will in the future,and lets hope they will not have the same moral principles.

It's been done for Hitachi DVD unit,not for others.

for him to go to jail would be the same fate for others that do it to dvd burners today, the man is just scared and i can respect that if he doesn't want to release it but like flowrent said the info is out and maybe someone will be smart about it and release it i a safe place heh

Hacked firmware abounds for everything you can possibly think of. Do you really think MS cares about the Xbox at this point? NO!

Theres no legal implications of him releasing hacked firmware in the same manner modchip bios' are released, it's simply his choice because he's paranoid of legal implications. Fine, his choice, let him have it.........simple.

M$ is too big for that guy.They would even sue their mothers..lol.

He is afraid and has every right to be.

He didnt take any precautions because he didnt think he would pull it off.If he releases he will easily be tracked down.

Plus,this is his philosophy,he is a hacker not a cracker.

He just did it to prove himself and the world that it is possible.

As i said he can't release now,but hacking the Xbox dvd firmware has just begun.It will appear sooner or later.

well a firmware is usually pretty small, what he should do, is make up some completley fake hacker group, rename it or something, and release it into newsgroups or something not so easily accessible from a public library or something. Everyone else will do all teh spreading.

I wouldnt want to get caught either but its harder to get caught than you think. Plus techinically this is a hack for a DVD drive, so wouldnt it be Hitachis responsibility to take action?

really comes to a point: most of these drives have pc version's and they can be flashed to work on xbox, so what would make it any different to release this then whats out now.

i mean for god sakes we got ppl out there changing dvd burner firmwares to make them into other models yet you don't see them being stutdown.