Open gl and sound programming.

basically, i'm working on making a lil game as a graphics assignment. in c++ using opengl (glut and gl)

what i need right now is three things:

1- 2d coordinate files for aliens, rockets, men with guns, ANYTHING (in case you're not sure what 2d coordinate files are, they're basically something that specifies what points if drawn, will draw a certain shape)

2- any info on how to include a soundtrack and a sound on certain actions.

3- code to draw a random star field (basically just a random jib jab of dots every which way (limited number though) OR a certain sky view "again, 2d plot file" )

thanks in advance

i also need to know:

1- the keyboard value (for the keyboard function) of the space key and teh esc key.

2- how exactly to use a bitmap as a texture for a polygon in open gl (basically so i can use a space pic as the background.)

3- any tutorials on a way to make a globe like sphere that spins

4- oh, and a way to make the score counter be rendered on screen (instead of using cout or printf to show it in the commandprompt)

Edited by Elazul Yagami

r u trying to do something that wasn't taught in ur class so u can show off or u weren't paying attention in class??

wasn't taught in class.

at all actually.

heck, everyone else is making this project using basic polylines, to the extent that if i turn in my current version (0.15b) it would probably be much better that anything they've done.

as for needing the coordinate files, i've made my own, but they look VERY VERY basic... that's why i want ready made ones that look good.

anywho, help is still required :D (but thanks olaf)

edit: oh and its not to show off exactly, but this is one of the few courses that i've got a chance to get an a at this semester, and i'm the highest grade in class... so everyone wants to knock me down. so i hafta do more than what's required so that i assure that i DON"T get knocked down.

hey olaf, is there a text file with key maps in c++ somewhere?

Edited by Elazul Yagami