Putting together separate rar files?

screw those clients!

I recommend µTorrent (it's not uTorrent, it's µTorrent!)

it's very lite, doesn't use an installer, and it's just as good as Bit Comet (w/out the bug); very widely supported too :lol:

Edited by Weirdy

BitComet is a Bit Torrent client. Many sites have banned BitComet recently due to a major bug.

Just what exactly is that major bug? I've been wondering about that for the longest time.

The bug is BitComet's ignorance of the privacy flag.

What it means is that let's say a tracker site releases a torrent, and they only want that torrent used with their tracker, they set on the privacy flag. That stops operators of a rival tracker from stealing the torrent and using it as their own. It also stops non-members leaching off the legitimate torrent. BitComet ignores all that.

The problem with non-members is that the tracker doesn't credit you if you allow uploads to a non-member. So I had to kick and ban any BitComet 0.59/0.60 users. Not all clients allow banning, luckily Azureus does. Now it doesn't matter, because the tracker has been modified to ban them.

• 4 weeks later...
should i be an ass and use bitcomet for those torrents i really want that are on private trackers with no sign up?

Well, that's entirely up to you. I use BitComet the most, but if a tracker blocks it, I switch to ABC.