winamp flocking my pc connection?

Elazul Yagami

i use winamp 2.87

i have been using it for quite a long time

it's settings are set to "never connected to the internet, don't update, don't follow my progress"

basically, it's set so that there is ZERO net activity from winamp.

lately, it's suddenly started to do something odd

whenever i open up winamp, it flocks my internet connection (dial up) so that eventually it disconnects.

anyone know what the hell is going on?

How about you upgrade to the latest version and see if the problem goes away. There is no good reason not to upgrade to Winamp 5 even though one might dislike the eye candy (since you can use the classic skin regardless).

i just installed that on my laptop which i use to route wireless to a router which routes to Xbox/PS2/etc so how do i turn all that stuff off so it doesnt waste bandwidth? (this laptop is slow enough already, its a 500MHz Dell Inspiron 3800 with an 8MB ATi RAGE Mobility and 128MB of RAM, WinXP Home)

I should definatly install Linux on it.

How about you upgrade to the latest version and see if the problem goes away. There is no good reason not to upgrade to Winamp 5 even though one might dislike the eye candy (since you can use the classic skin regardless).

i really really REALLY dislike winamp 5.

in fact, i hate any music player OTHER than winamp 2.xx

i dunno why, but the thing was working fine, and now it flocks the connection, it's really un explanable.

i'll probably uninstall and install again and see if that helps.