The undeletable file...

NeoMaster

I get that problem sometimes, i hate it, Theres an easy and free way to fix it though

Go to Start>Run

Type cmd

In this window type CD then your directory, so lets say the problem file is in C:\Download, i would type:

CD C:\Download

Then type del and then the filename, lets say the filename is fatness.mp3 i would type:

del "fatness.mp3"

you dont HAVE to use the quotes, but i suggest you do to get in the habit of it, because if your filename has a space in it, you NEED the quotes, Say for instance

del "stupid peice of crap file that wont delete.exe"

That works without fail every time :thumbsup1:

That works without fail every time :thumbsup1:

No it does not work without fail every time, sadly. Without the Unlocker application, one needs to go to XP's Safe Mode command prompt to remove it.

Theres the other option of installing a better shell and file manager, and ditching that PoS called Explorer entirely. I for one use Aston and Directory Opus.

i've been using Aston for a few weeks but haven't found a working crack... so I guess when my 30 day eval is up its bye bye aston.

I'm gonna give Opus a try now.

I think it does have something to do with the filename being too long. I redownloaded the song and then I tried to move that the new file but it gave me a warning saying that it couldn't be done because of the length of the file name. Damn Mozart and his gajillion character symphonies.

I think it does have something to do with the filename being too long. I redownloaded the song and then I tried to move that the new file but it gave me a warning saying that it couldn't be done because of the length of the file name. Damn Mozart and his gajillion character symphonies.

Yes, I've notice that too. Windows XP has trouble handling filenames that are ridiculously long (or at least well over the 64-character limit that the CD-ROM fomat has).