Famitsu scores

Wizard

What's up with you today K'?

You arguments are... weak.

f played on the 360, everything will end up looking better

Just no.

Xbox 360 will not look better, in fact it will look worse. 1024x768 cannot possibly give you all the screen size you need for a game like FFXI.

Also, PC version will be getting all those texture enhancements the Xbox 360 will be getting.

PC will always win in terms of raw graphic power.

PS2 version came out first in Japan. Followed by the Win version.

Did I ever say it wasn't?

It's a fact, US has more PC gamers then Japan.

FFXI = Grindfest now

Please don't talk about things you do not understand.

Honestly, the game is more about community then ever before.

I've been playing it for two years remember? RoZ/CoP expansions finished and I know this game isn't about just racing to level 75.

Of course there are those people who choose to make it a race, but those people do not last long in FFXI because making friends is a necessity.

GW is nothing more then a hack up game of Diablo 2 in 3d.

So what?

Zero commitment required.

The game is beautiful and runs like a dream.

It has an interesting storyline.

So what if it's just hack & slash?

1024x768 cannot possibly give you all the screen size you need for a game like FFXI.

That's just BS. I've played games like WoW at the resolution and it looks just fine.

Sorry man, but you don't understand.

Wow plays nothing like FFXI.

The battle-log is extremely important in FFXI. On screen damage counts, and messeges are few, and generaly worthless. Jobs like Red Mage and Ninja need to pay close attention to the battle-log.

FFXI is team based game, you can't solo anything like you can in Wow. Everyone needs to perform a certain job and they need to work together.

Sauce plz kthx

1024x768 on Xbox 360? May do you need to be reminded on thats 420 and not 720. Bumping it up rez + textures makes it look better.

I don't understand FFXI eh? I understand it completely. From the beta all the way up too COP basically (Which was pretty much a year for me seeing how XI came to the US With ROZ WITH the game around October 03 and COP came out a almost 12 months later). I know things have changed since then, but it's pretty much grindary now. Can you tell me WHY exactly am I wrong other then "community?" Because by saying that, you simply can't imagine WoW's community with the game being younger then XI. Between the first year the game was out in the U.S. it was all about partying. And recently, it hasn't become about it anymore, it's been about grinding up to X level JUST to do stuff. Since day 1 SE has been trying to make it more party oriented when it just fails on some levels. Maybe with the new expansion pack on the horizon, things will change with the addition of the Blue Mage class.

The battle-log is extremely important in FFXI. On screen damage counts, and messeges are few, and generally worthless. Jobs like Red Mage and Ninja need to pay close attention to the battle-log.

Ummm... the game works on the PS2, so obviously what you are saying simply can't be true. And even if what you say about the battle log being more important is true, the battle log is perfectly legible at that resolution in WoW and the WoW battle log is fairly small to begin with.

What you describe is just hitting the party scene instantly, and exclusively with your time playing FFXI.

In FFXI, you can make a name yourself without ever heading out of the starting region.

Crafting? Ever try it? It's hard to start out, but if you start in Bastok you can become quiet distinguished goldsmither/smith by simply farming your own fire crystals and mining your own materials.

Fishing in Windurst is also very profitable.

Woodworking in San O'ria is also something else to consider since it requires zero loss if you are willing to farm the materials.

Crafting isn't your thing?

Try Notorious Monster hunting... No, I don't mean those over camped ones, I mean those hundreds of others that don't get attention. They often drop fun, neat little items.

You want to get rich, but don't have a lot of time to play? Simple... play the import/exporting games... bring materials from other regions to those that don't have them.

There are also Burning Circle fights if you wanna have the chance to gain a lot of money fast.

There are so many quest to do. They often give interesting back stories to the cities and it's characters.

CoP missions are extremely hard and fun, and only require you to start at level 30. The story is so interesting too... I remember my friend almost shed a tear at the end when we reached the meadow...

There is so much to do K'dash, it's a shame you didn't get to see half of it. I know I missed a ton of things, and no, you don't have to rush to level 75. I've been playing for two years and my highest job is 65. At any time you can choose another job and start again.

God damn, stupid fanboy.

Have you even played the X-Box 360? And even if you have played one or two games on it, the console was just released. Of course it won't have a unique and diverse selection of games for it at the moment. IT WAS JUST RELEASED.

And as for playing the 360 on non-HD TV's, it looks just fine. So stop complaining about crap that doesn't even matter and stop being so biased.

Edited by Dooz

Who are you talking to Dooz?

I haven't even been talking about the Xbox 360, just merely trying to explain to K' that FFXI is only a level grinding MMORPG if you make it one.

I have played the Xbox 360 as well, it's looks pretty neat. COD2 looks pretty nice (though, it doesn't look like it has x4 AA). Tony Hawks American wasteland looks nice too and Perfect Dark as well (though I did notice some slow downs... so much for solid 60FPS).

I don't know about every seeing anything unique, this is an Xbox after all. Anything worth playing will be on PC as well. But I know the quality of new games will probably better. No game is using the 360s 3 cores at the moment correct?

i have played the 360 and i really dont fear the newbie glitches or crashes. its a really nice system, the controller feels nice. the interface is neat and the games look nice, i wont judge the graphics harshly cut it just came out who in their right mind would put the best looking stuff out at launch that just stupid. even though im a huge sony fan, im getting a 360 and a ps3.

I didn't hit the partying when I first started. I did quests galore til I was level 20 (within 3 weeks of the game's release). Both me AND my sister played this game like crack. I got various items, sold stuff at the auction house, partyed, raided, crafted among other things. Rinsed, repeated various times for one whole year. By the time I was done I was HM/DRK at lvl 50, M/THF at lvl 40 and my sister's HF/SMN at 34. If anything I saw a good 75% of it before our sudden cancelation, which put our 11 month work horse.

Also, Dooz is correct, playing the system at walmart does not consent as "knowing the system."

Edit: Might be restarting our game soon, seeing how our characters are already deleted. Just need a new content I.D. SE is pretty useless for users who quit playing and want to pick up it again. Can't use half our keys anymore.

Edited by K`dash