feeling Peed on

damulta

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure you are using the EGCG NeoRAGEx and not the official one (0.6b) or gamelist hacks of the official one (0.8a/b/c or 0.9c)?

YesE GCGNeoragex48.rar this is the one crashes when i open it

Ok Its working now...... i thu the file in my old dirtory were ini was

i must have a rom that it dos'nt like because when i try to import that dir it crashes. so i made chaos its own dir and it works.

I'm going to go thu them one by one 121 roms to see what rom crashes EGCGNeoragex48 it I'll let you all know.THANK YOU if somthing in return ask.

roms that did'mt work in egg4.8 locks up on import but workins in.8b

2020 baseball

aero fights 2

alhpa mission II

Andro dunos

art of fightinh 1

baseball stars pro

captain tomady

joy joy kid

riding hero

super dogeball

world heros

I'll let you know if i find anymore

Edited by damulta

Most neogeo sets have roms named xxx-s1.rom, xxx-p1.rom, etc.

But some old sets have something else completely different like N138001A.178 etc.

Any NRX version 4 series cannot handle these and will quit when encountering these older-style sets.

It's the major problem with the hacked NRX.

Despite that, ver 4.8 is the best version I've found so far, it's the only one that can play Ghostlop.

But some old sets have something else completely different like N138001A.178 etc.

These are AES dumps, as in, dumped from home carts whic aren't commonly found on the Internet anymore. The official builds are the only ones that support AES dumps.

GhostLop does work in other versions as well, but it's prone to crash. As for the emulator crashing when importing, that is sometimes associated with a bug found in certain versions of Zlib.dll. Furthermore, some sets might crash in NRX if the files are not named [.rom] or have an underscore [_]. The latter is mainly a problem in the official builds though.

The 0.6b version isn't too bad really, considering the state of emulation in 1999. It runs kof2001, kof2002, and pnyaa perfectly, which hadn't even been thought of when nrx was written.

Strangely no version of nrx will run diggerman, you can insert a coin but cannot start the game. Works in my mame.

But on the other hand, neopong 1.1 works fine in nrx but crashes my entire computer in mame.

The 0.6b version isn't too bad really, considering the state of emulation in 1999. It runs kof2001, kof2002, and pnyaa perfectly, which hadn't even been thought of when nrx was written.

Strangely no version of nrx will run diggerman, you can insert a coin but cannot start the game. Works in my mame.

But on the other hand, neopong 1.1 works fine in nrx but crashes my entire computer in mame.

Yeah, Diggerman is one of those oddities. Well, NEX runs pretty much any Neo-Geo game except Samurai Shodown V Special, SvC Chaos, KOF2003, non-proto Garou which works in EGCG, and Metal Slug 5 (although I'm not 100% sure of that).

Of course, hacks might not work as well.

NRX may play them But there not true rom sets any rom after 1998 are encrypted and need to be hacked to work on NRX.