X-Arcade News

Alpha

dual2xt.gif

This little baby has been on my wishlist for the past couple years. They've finally brought the price down for thir Dual Arcade Joystick (2 Players). One of them is the refurbished for $99.99, but you have to pay $10.00 for shipping. The 2nd offer is for a brand new one for $130.00, but free shipping. One of my friends (gaming fanatic) surprisingly owned one and the manufacture wasn't kidding, they are pretty much indestructible. The buttons seem almost unbreakable and the joysticks are superb. I bought a cheap joystick from Red Octane a while ago and it was a piece of crap. Buttons started flying during gameplay and the joystick ball would constantly unscrew off. Hopefully I can get my hands on one of these by the end of the Holiday's. :unsure:

http://www.x-arcade.com/two-playerp.shtml [Refurbished] $99.99 / $10 Shipping

http://www.x-arcade.com/two-player.shtml [New!] $130.00 / Free Shipping

I have a single player one I won at a LAN. Very badass, but I prefer using Hori sticks, and I'm very lazy(read: parents don't like me buying online) to buy a PS2 hook up. DC hook up is the only one I have besides the standard PC.

Only draw back imo is that feel isn't as loose to some cabs that come with age usually. Also, it's huge, so make sure you got the space to play it, even the one player one is huge, about almost half the size of that.

I have a single player one I won at a LAN. Very badass, but I prefer using Hori sticks, and I'm very lazy(read: parents don't like me buying online) to buy a PS2 hook up. DC hook up is the only one I have besides the standard PC.

Only draw back imo is that feel isn't as loose to some cabs that come with age usually. Also, it's huge, so make sure you got the space to play it, even the one player one is huge, about almost half the size of that.

What's the difference between the Hori sticks and the X-Arcade?

For one, the buttons are different, and so is the stick. X-Arcade sticks use very high quality in-house place from what I can tell, also the stick is baseball style. Hori uses swana parts and offer the golf ball style stick, which is all very good quality.

X-arcade sticks could be more suited for your likes seeing how arcades in North America mostly carry this style of joystick over it's japanese golf ball counter part. So you could feel right at home using an xarcade as if you were at a real arcade. Also horis tend to be more loose then X-arcades, which are a tad bit stiffer.

I say go for it, this is a really good deal. Built hard, and doesn't break, but the stick does wear down with age. Something that can't be avoided.

my neogeo MVS-2 upright sticks are the original bat style 1991 set and amazingly they are in perfect shape...i think sometimes you just get a good set and sometimes you get a lemon. I woulod love to have a six button fold down control panel that i could swap out for the original neogeo 4 button setup for capcom fighters... :unsure:

Yeah, buy this cool one. I have it too. This since over 2 years.This is realy "arcade feeling ", only bad thing : it was very expensive cause I must pay extra for the import from Belgium. ( waiting time was 8 weeks ). 2 years back the price was $149 , I payed 240 euros. :unsure: