Mario Kart Wifi Mode TCP/IP stack?

yogourt

Hi, my first post...

I could play the mario kart demo today, and in the wifi mode settings i see a lot of interesting options which could let think to me...hmm DS have a TCP/IP stack!

When you set the wifi mode you have 2 modes: the nintendo USB wifi system : just plug and play. And the custom settings:

SSID name, WEP (yes/no), IP adress auto (Yes/no) and more but i dont remember them sorry.

if we can put an IP adress in the DS, the stack IP is in the online games?

Sorry if theses info are not useful. And sorry for my English...im French :blink:

:rofl:

Edited by yogourt

Hi, my first post...

I could play the mario kart demo today, and in the wifi mode settings i see a lot of interesting options which could let think to me...hmm DS have a TCP/IP stack!

When you set the wifi mode you have 2 modes: the nintendo USB wifi system : just plug and play. And the custom settings:

SSID name, WEP (yes/no), IP adress auto (Yes/no) and more but i dont remember them sorry.

if we can put an IP adress in the DS, the stack IP is in the online games?

Sorry if theses info are not useful. And sorry for my English...im French :blink: 

:rofl:

sgstair cant reuse those things in his project, if he could get the Mario Kart's source code yes but otherwise its easy for him do all the work alone.

i think :P

• 2 weeks later...

He wouldn't win the WIFI Bounty prize if he simply hacked Mario Kart's.

Besides him doing this gives him the confidence and the recognition of actually creating an open sourced, free, home brewn tcp/ip stack for the Nintendo DS.

This will make him famous.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I really am annoyed by yet another of these threads.

The DS doesn't have a TCP/IP stack.

It is implemented on a need basis by the developer of the game.

It is in a special ARM7 binary that is distributed by nintendo.

If they don't need online play, then no TCP/IP stack.

Reverse engineering a TCP/IP stack from a dump of MK would be nearly impossible as well. There's two binaries with different langauges (ARM 7 and ARM 9) bundeled into one file. Unless you were incredibly intimate with ARM you couldn't do it.

Also there would undoubtedly be legal problems if ninty thought for even a second we stole thier code (it's bad enough flashme is being distributed).

Edited by JaJa

The DS doesn't have a TCI/IP stack.

If they don't need online play, then no TCI/IP stack.

Reverse engineering a TCI/IP stack from a dump of MK would be nearly impossible as well.

I've noticed something through all your posts, JaJa. Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol.

tcP/ip. :P

</pedantic>

yeah, it is indeed TCP/IP

and no, reverse engineering the MK stack is not impossible by any means

it's simply pointless.

And, as I'm nearly done with my version, it's also quite unnecessary :P

-Stephen