Official DS Wifi FAQ

sgstair

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How precise can timestamps be generated on the DS? I see that sgstair mentioned microsecond counters in his Hardware Reference page; are discrete microseconds (1 E-6 seconds) as precise as the DS can count? Or can it count fractions of microseconds as well? If so, how small of a fraction? 1/10 microseconds (1 E-7 seconds)? 1/100?...

How precise can timestamps be generated on the DS? I see that sgstair mentioned microsecond counters in his Hardware Reference page; are discrete microseconds (1 E-6 seconds) as precise as the DS can count? Or can it count fractions of microseconds as well? If so, how small of a fraction? 1/10 microseconds (1 E-7 seconds)? 1/100?...

Technically the DS timer system can operate at a maximum resolution of about 33MHz, I think. (which is 32 times more accurate than a microsecond timer)

-Stephen

Technically the DS timer system can operate at a maximum resolution of about 33MHz, I think.
Of course, then your problem becomes how to service interrupts that happen every two clocks. Not sure you can do a great deal in that amount of time. :)

Technically the DS timer system can operate at a maximum resolution of about 33MHz, I think.
Of course, then your problem becomes how to service interrupts that happen every two clocks. Not sure you can do a great deal in that amount of time. :)

blah, you don't need to service an interrupt every 2 clocks, just read whenever you like and you get a cycle accurate count.

-Stephen

• 1 month later...

Is it possible at all to change the timeout value for things such as autoconnect or recv? I find that if those operations fail for any reasons, it takes a long time, (if ever) for them to come back (I've never actually waited that long). This essentially freezes up the DS if there's a failure. So... is there a way to change the timeout?

Is it possible at all to change the timeout value for things such as autoconnect or recv?  I find that if those operations fail for any reasons, it takes a long time, (if ever) for them to come back (I've never actually waited that long).  This essentially freezes up the DS if there's a failure.  So... is there a way to change the timeout?

Well.... yes and no.

Autoconnect does time out, but even so, you are in charge of the loop that waits until it's connected, so you are responsible for stopping it early if you want to.

it is possible that recv() will never return in the current version of the lib, but work is being done to fix this - additionally you can switch to non-blocking mode and recv() will always return immediately.

-Stephen

• 1 month later...

Hi! I'm new on this forum and I have a question: Why can my DS not connect to my internet / router if I use my normal WFC-settings? When I play online games, such as Mario Kart DS, it works fine. But i can't connect with homebrew software... (My connection is WEP secured) PLEAS HELP :P

• 2 weeks later...

BasiX: this is likely due to lack of shared key authentication support, or possibly because your AP is not broadcasting it's SSID - both of these issues are in the pipeline and will be resolved soon though!

-Stephen

• 1 year later...