Doom 3 for Xbox is underrated

Shibathedog

Okay so all I heard about doom 3 for Xbox was that it blew and to buy the PC version and not bother waiting for it. I admit i played the Xbox version and for awhile agreed with this. But recently my brother went out and bought the Doom 3 CE for Xbox because of its recent price drop with the expansion being released for Xbox. Now that ive been playing alot, My opinion has heavily changed. Now remember i own the PC AND Xbox versions now, So im not just talking out of my ass when i say this. But the Xbox version, isnt that far behind the PC version. Sure the graphics arent as impressive, but since when have i cared? and you dont lose that much of the atmosphere, dont listen to people when they say that. I play my NES almost daily, and im on an emulation forum, mainly about playing older games on my PC. like SNES/Genesis/etc. But anyway, The gameplay is pretty much the same too. I think the Xbox one is pretty much Just as good as the PC version. Sure it gets annoying that you have to use a controller and not a keyboard and mouse, But when your playing online, so does everyone else, so its not like your really at a disadvantage. I absolutley love the single player campaign, and im about to play through it for the 2nd time on my Xbox now that I unlocked the higher difficulty. There are things different from the PC version, but none of teh changes are BAD, they are just different.

The multiplayer, I in fact, enjoy alot. At first i was pissed it was only 4 players, but then i grew to really like it that way, It reminds me of the old days of inviting some friends over and playing 4 player Goldeneye or something on the N64, Its fun as hell. Its surprisingly fast paced. I love running through the level where you can spawn the megasphere with the rocket launcher and pwning everyone :devilboy: Its alot of fun for me anyway.

The online Co-Op is also very nice, Its not just the regular single player with 2 people, they have actually added a whole lot more and alot of things that require you to work together, its really awesome.

I really like the multiplayer and single player alot, I would play this online over Halo 2 anyday. I give this game a 10/10

As for the sound, Its amazing, Same quality as you get on a PC (Although its 5.1 where I think the PC version has 6.1) Most people in reality are still using Stereo sound though (and im not bashing you, i prefer it for alot of things, but im not going to get into that right now) And its amazing on stereo, its still creepy as hell hearing stuff going on around you. Play this game at night with the lights out and the volume way up.

Oh as as for the inclusion of the original Dooms, Now thats just bad ass, you can play them split screen Co-Op, and of course deatmatch in addition to the single player. And theres no excuse not to get the CE because my brother said that the CE and the regular where the same price (i havent seen this for myself, but i think it would only be a 5 dollar difference anyway)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At initial release, the CE and the regular version of Doom 3 for xbox had a $10.00 difference. But I got it anyways because of its cool metal case.

I really enjoyed Doom 3 for xbox when I bought it. I mean I actually had the chance to play Doom 3 without owning a computer that can run it. And I agree that there are some changes in the game, (portions of levels cut, "dumbed down" graphics, and missing items.) but they really don't make the game that bad. Unless you're a PC Fanboy that has to complain about the graphics, I dont see why anyone has to complain about this game.

I've actually gotten to the point where I am better with a controller then a keyboard and mouse. to many console FPS I guess.

yeah I liked Doom 3 on xbox as much as I did on pc. can't wait for half life 2 on xbox since my pc doesn't have the muscle to run it.

There are actually some changes in the levels that are in my opinion better than the pc version O_o

I think my only real complaint about it, is the incredible amount of bandiwidth it requires to play online, but thats a problem with the PC version too.

Who wants to play online btw? I have Xbox Live, my Gamertag is Shibathedog, uhh my brother plays on my account alot so if you hear a little kid on it thats him lol.

HL2 just got pushed back to 11/15/05 from next week :devilboy:

far cry and the doom 3 expansion are in stores now.

From what I've been hearing, FarCry Instincts on the Box is pretty good. Still it's not something the PC players haven't seen already.

About HL2 and it's Box screenshots, it looks quite inferior.

I HAVE played the PC version though, I own both :lol:

Serious Sam 2 on Xbox also looks excellent, as for the FarCry game, its based of the PCs expansion, most expansions arent as good as the orginal game.

Im making a big list of games im looking foward to right now, ill post it sometime tomorrow (alot of them are already out, i just havent bought them yet)