Taito Legends

Prican25

well i saw taito legends pal released thought i'd try it out and found something interesting, it actually uses real arcade roms and you can see\compare them to mame's set!

in some cases it matches some dead on includes others not even in the mame set! ex: bubble bobble mame set doesn't have A78-02.49 3KB CRC 39AAEB67

i'll take some pics of the roms zipped (they come in folders but i'll zip them so you can see/match the crcs) and i think mamedevs may wanna take this as an interest since i think some roms weren't 100%.

Edit: theres a lot and don't know a real good free image site so i'll post a zip with all the pics.

also noticed it uses the the same artwork that mame does for the games that have them.

get the pics here: http://rapidshare.de/files/5772569/Taito_l...et_pics.7z.html

Interesting thread, thx PRican !

I haven't this compile, but I've seen it contains 29 games : Battle Shark, Bubble Bobble, Colony 7, Continental Circus, Electric Yo-Yo, Elevator, Action, Exzisus, Gladiator, Great Swordsman, Jungle Hunt, New Zealand Story, Ninja Kids, Operation Thunderbolt, Operation Wolf, Phoenix, Plotting, Plump Pop, Rainbow Islands, Rastan, Return of the Invaders, Space Gun, Space Invaders, Space Invaders part II, Super Qix, Thunderfox, Tokio, Tube It, Volfied, Zoo Keeper.

My question : As I don't collect the great editors compiles, do Capcom Classic collection & Tecmo Arcade Classics contain recognizable ROMsets ?

Btw, Midway Arcade Treasure 3 contains some unemulated games.

looking at capcom's collection leads be to believe they ported over the psx versions of most of the games (from the japan only capcom generations 1-5 that came out for psx/saturn) since in each game folder, you'll see a "psx-data" folder. this could also explain why the sf2 ports have loading screens and the same probs as the psx ones.

i also checked out tecmo's collection but seems they ported the games as none of the files seems to match the mame roms.

midway treasures 3 does have a roms folder but nothing i can reconize and also that they didn't exactly use arcade versions to certain games (rush 2049 and hydro thunder were dreamcast ports) and they also did some tweaks to rush: the rock which made it faster then the arcade version (running 60pfs now, arcade was almost have that) and edited super offroad for legal reasons (no ironman stewart stuff).

Thx for the reply.

About Bubble Bobble set, I think it's a revision with nothing more.

If the Capcom games 'R simply ported from the PS compile, that means the games data 's compressed in.sr files & Final Fight should get the slight Gfx bugs :unsure:.

Btw, I 'd prefer the port of Hydro-Thunder arcade, it 's sad : )

Edited by Mr.X