Bet you're sick of this one.

Okay, sorry to bother all of you, since you've likely seem this a gazillion times, but...

I'm emulating Soul Calibur, and it runs very slowly (30fps).

My PC's specs are:

AMD Athlong thing XP 2800+

2.09 GHz according to My Computer

512 Mb RAM

Radeon 7000 series.

Directx 9c installed.

I do believe I have the ATI catalyst driver, but don't even know if it's the right driver, or if it installed properly (since errors pop up when I boot up now).

Any suggestions?

Soul Calibur slows down when performing attacks, and I have an AMD64 3000+, 512 RAM and ATi RADEON 9800 Pro. There's not much you can do about the slow framerates, except getting a faster CPU.

I would recommend switching your Catalyst drivers to the Omega Drivers though. http://www.omegadrivers.net

It runs semi-badly. Soul Calibur is extremely well emulated, considering the overall completeness of the emulator itself. Complex 3D graphics take a whole friggin' lot of computer power to emulate smoothly. Be glad that Chankast renders all 3D stuff in hardware, unlike the Saturn which renders everything in software... Saturn emulation is even slower due to this, even though the two systems' specs are as far apart as day and night.

Chankast needs to improve quite a bit. Even in many 2D games, the screen dimensions are off, sprite priority errors are plentiful and so are other graphical glitches. 3D games have depth errors and even worse transparency/alpha- and other errors. Even at that, Chankast is the only DC emulator that plays commercial games, with varying success. Sure, if we ever see a new Chankast version, we'll see speed improvements.