Kaillera server

stephensaw

Sorry if this is not the right forum. I got Mame32K with Kaillera client, then I also go the Kaillera server, I use the default setting for the Kaillera server configuration. I run my Mame32k, then I run the Kaillera server, then I choose play network game, after that I enter ip: 10.0.0.10 which is my LAN Ip, then my friend also key in 10.0.0.10, and we can play the game over LAN, but how can I play over Internet? Is it I enter my own LAN ip? Is it I enter 127.0.0.1? And the Kaillera server seems always got a "Times out" message, which I saw somewhere on Internet, there got a line "blah blah blah Touched", which I don't even seen before, please help me solve this problem, thanks.

You need to get the Kaillera Server program. Google it. Kawaks and other emulators only have the Client side. I'm sure it's not that hard to set it up, but if Kaillera is offline, I'm not sure if you can host game.

It would be quite logical to assume that if you are going to act as a server, your computer is the server and others connect to it. Kaillera's site only registers new servers so that they appear on the serverlist.

If you just want to play with your friend (as in, the server you made is not public) you need to give him/her your IP address so he'll know where to connect. Of course, if you decide to make it public, kaillera stores the server IP (your IP) and others connect to it. Naturally, if you don't keep your server active, others can't connect to it.

Make ur own kaillera server:

1. type in www.whatismyip.com

2. Put that ip in ur ip section w/e stated

3. Open the necessary ports If Necessary

27888 TCP-UDP

1000-6000 UDP <--Works I tried it but we'll still fixing mine

4. Enter a name for ur server so u can find it in the master list

5. Test both the lan and Internet ip to see if it works.

Technically if the internet ip works, then everyone else can connect to it and by "works", i mean you actually go in the server.

Did you mean I need to put my ip at the Kaillera Top Server? What if I want to host that game with my pc only, is it just simply run the Kaillera Server program? I had ran it before, it gave me the message:

Kaillera Server v0.86 (Feb 15 2002/17:43:08) © 2001 Chirstophe Thibault

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

09/21/05-17:29:48>Initializing Kaillera communication layer...

09/21/05-17:29:48>Listening on port 27888 for incoming connection...

09/21/05-17:29:48>Touching Kaillera master server...

09/21/05-17:29:59>ERROR: Timeout during master server touch!

Is this message normal, and after I ran this, my friend can't connect to my server even I gave him/her the ip address, it just said "connecting..."