Burn Iso to cd and speed

Bobba_fat

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

umm, open the most basic CD burning thing, unless its called express, and pick old GUI i think.

I dont really remember, i used Nero 6 like 3 times and then went back to Nero 5.

Google for Nero 6 ISO burning tutorial or something

yeah i tried that didnt work :(

Besides bruning isos for ps i differnet isnt it... i mean ps cant read the iso format!?

well anyways i think someone here who knows hot to burn with nero or with different formats should make a faq or "how to" for all formats i´ve looked all over internet for answers but there are none good attemps... :(

Nero can burn BIN and ISO files as long as the cue information is correct. For other formats, you need other programs, unless you use virtual drive and use Disc-to-Disc copy.

I honestly don't know what you mean when you say that they PS can't read the ISO format. Most CD filesystems are based on the ISO9660 standard.

Nero can burn BIN and ISO files as long as the cue information is correct. For other formats, you need other programs, unless you use virtual drive and use Disc-to-Disc copy.

I honestly don't know what you mean when you say that they PS can't read the ISO format. Most CD filesystems are based on the ISO9660 standard.

So what you are saying is that if you burn the disc as a data cd and in iso the ps can read it. (thanks 4 taking your time to explain i'm a real newbie to all this hehe :( )

So what you are saying is that if you burn the disc as a data cd and in iso the ps can read it.

Yes. That's the gist of it basically. Of course, if the games has separeate CDDA tracks (audio is on a totally different track and not in the game data), you'd burn the games as a Mixed CD (Data+Audio).

However, sometimes it's not that simple because some PSX games have all kinds of protections (dummy files, subchannel data, corrupt/weak sectors, etc.). The real problem is that even if "advanced" burning programs such as CloneCD that support PSX CD formats, the CD burner you have might not be able to read/write these oddities.

So, often times, just burning the disc won't do, and you have to start hunting for programs that alter the data before you burn it (they aren't hard to find though, a lot of sites have PSX backup fixes; PAL/NTSC switches/converters, trainers, protection removing and so on and so forth).

So what you are saying is that if you burn the disc as a data cd and in iso the ps can read it.

Yes. That's the gist of it basically. Of course, if the games has separeate CDDA tracks (audio is on a totally different track and not in the game data), you'd burn the games as a Mixed CD (Data+Audio).

However, sometimes it's not that simple because some PSX games have all kinds of protections (dummy files, subchannel data, corrupt/weak sectors, etc.). The real problem is that even if "advanced" burning programs such as CloneCD that support PSX CD formats, the CD burner you have might not be able to read/write these oddities.

So, often times, just burning the disc won't do, and you have to start hunting for programs that alter the data before you burn it (they aren't hard to find though, a lot of sites have PSX backup fixes; PAL/NTSC switches/converters, trainers, protection removing and so on and so forth).

Thx, ok now nobody has my answered my (original Question yet) so i guess you are my best help so far, so, plz look at my topics from before and see if you can give me any help on the subject of burning the files i have mentioned earlier step by step i have clonecd

Exactly how do i burn them!? i just highlight the iso file and burn it as a mixed cd and clonecd will handle the rest!?

Thx a million it almost feels as if buying the game would be better but i am a man who thinks burning the game is half the challenge like a good RPG :(

Launch Nero, start a new project. Doesnt matter what. You can also cancel the wizard popping up when you launch Nero.

Then in Menu "Recorder" choose "burn Image". Choose the.iso file.

Insert CDR. Hit burn. Wait. Done.

Nero should identify the right ISO - format usually, unless its a non-standard-iso.

But for PSX Alcohol120% should work better, it has settings for PSX games built in

Edited by Madman

But for PSX Alcohol120% should work better, it has settings for PSX games built in

ok i've got a version of alcohol120 1.4.3. build

if its easier the tell me a step by step and ill try that instead now i'm canna try the the other method you told me with nero but the alcohol version would be very much appreciated 2.

(p.s. ok call me "¤!"# but i'm still not getting one small thing, when i burn the image as a.iso is the psx able to read it!??? i'm sorry but i guess its just 2 new for me :D )

(p.p.s. if the psx can read the.iso then how come the pc needs a tool such as daemon tools to run.iso files!? just out of curiosity)