Hurricane Rita:

Lucandrake

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, two storms are keeping you as their bitches. One got tired so she passed you yanks to her friend.

Im starting to wonder if this is the end of the bottom of americas  :thumbsup1:. Its bush.... I think its sending us subliminal messages or at least to america  :devilboy:

A general reaction that puts me in the mind of the tsunami in the Indian Ocean, but not insofar that, by the same logic you employ, those some 250,000 people who were killed were deserving victims of chance. Rather I'm reminded of the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs announcement of missing Norwegian citizens in the number of 1400, a number quickly dropped to 77, and ultimately 13 dead.

But, in true narccicistic fashion, that didn't stop the Norwegian public from leaping up and proclaiming "See how we too have suffered from the tsunami." Even the Foreign Affairs Minister went out of the way to include "In Norway we, too, are in mourning for the loss of family and friends" as if to make a play for the pity and attention enjoyed by other nations with legitimately gargantuan death counts. A prime example of a nation-state so consumed with envy and cultural delusion, they will make any grab for significance, ignorant of real consequence and almost jubilant at the prospect of such a high death toll, as though it were the best thing that could have happened to them.

Now we see the same inferiority complex play out only instead being directed externally at, big surprise, the United States. Now I've dealt with this kind of pathetic passive aggression before and normally I wouldn't go into such length to debunk it, but it stands to reason that any kind of staggering sense of inadequacy that would result in being flip and jovial about tens of thousands of people being killed by random events shows who the bitches really are.

Edited by iamjack

*sighs*

No rain, no winds, everything is fine, wonder why that is o.0. Besides that all the torment so far has been in southern citys of mines and key west which is still in the hole :thumbsup1:.

Parts of cuba have been hit to, don't know the dmg though

Edited by Drake

Although I agree with you, you should never take anything people say here seriously. Not because they are attempting to be funny, but because most of them are stupid.

Yeah I thought someone might take it like that, but the thing is I'm not getting rightously indignant, I'm telegraphing the fact that that kind of intellectual cowardice is self-defeating and is nobody's problem but thier own. I just think I owe a cirtain degree of ernest to this board.

Although I agree with you, you should never take anything people say here seriously. Not because they are attempting to be funny, but because most of them are stupid.

Yeah I thought someone might take it like that, but the thing is I'm not getting rightously indignant, I'm telegraphing the fact that that kind of intellectual cowardice is self-defeating and is nobody's problem but thier own. I just think I owe a cirtain degree of ernest to this board.

Well said. Still, despite my comments I don't really find the situation that hilarious. Practically we don't have any kind of natural oddities over here, so I'm subconsciously wishing that something would happen.

I'm subconsciously wishing that something would happen.

What does that mean?

I mean that I wish that something would happen over here. Whether it would be a flood, a hurricane, an explosion, gay pride... just something.