Since i'm stuck using aol

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did some researching, found that AOL9 may offer this soon.

http://www.betanews.com/article/1067860547

Thats way old news tho

actually, they did do that, that's the aoldialer, but like someone else said, it takes 25 megs of memory to run.

i wouldn't really care, but this laptop is hella slow. and only has like 128 megs of ram and such.

Hmm looks like one lean and clean aoldialer with less ram useage might be a worthy shareware project :D

But i guess the high ammount of ram needed is due to crappy AOL-DLLs that must be used

Edited by Madman

• 4 weeks later...

Do this, this is something i learned going thru a million dialup ISPs

Open your program that dials (AOL) let it connect

Now that its connected, press CTRL+ALT+DELETE and go to the PROCESSES Tab, Find aol.exe or whatever its called, should be easy, and close it there

and your done! woohoo!

BTW It only works on OSes with the newer task manager so XP, and i THINK 2000

Do this, this is something i learned going thru a million dialup ISPs

Open your program that dials (AOL) let it connect

Now that its connected, press CTRL+ALT+DELETE and go to the PROCESSES Tab, Find aol.exe or whatever its called, should be easy, and close it there

and your done! woohoo!

BTW It only works on OSes with the newer task manager so XP, and i THINK 2000

no, that actually still disconnects I think

idk, I haven't use aol in years

damn, AOL has hired ninjas to create the AOL dialer!!!

Search for "AOL Progz" on google, youll have to go through tons of retarded websites, but you can find alot of AOL hacks that way that me and a friend used to mess around with, some of them actually do usefull things and i think closing AOL without disconnecting was a feature in one of them

Another thing i would suggest, which is probably a better idea, is to search for the program RASspy.exe

You have to put that in the same folder as AOL, then make a shortcut to AOL on your desktop, and in the shortcut's command line you add -rasspy.exe and when you dial on to AOL next, it tells you what to enter into the windows dialer to dial on.

I remember i used that program a long time ago and im just remembering how to use it from memory so i might be wrong. If you cant find the program i MIGHT have the app and the tutorial on my HDD still somewhere.