Should I download these games?

bogard81

Action and adventure titles:

Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare(also on pc)

Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templar(also on pc)

Mega Man Legends

Fade to Black(also on pc)

Ganbare Goemon: Uchuu Kaizoku Akogingu(j)

The Rapid Angel

Samurai Deeper Kyo

Tenchi O Kurau II: Akakabe no Tatakai(j)

Twisted metal 3,4

Tomba

Pinobee

Dr. Slump(j)

Policenauts(j)

Asuka(what's the best,because are many asuka titles)(j)

Divide, The: Enemies Within

Edited by bogard81

I can't say much about these, because most of these are exremely hard to find on the net. But I'll say a few things...

1. Samurai Deeper Kyo is basically a 2D fighter, and a damn good one too. I like it anyways.

2. Rapid Angel was too weird for my tastes.

3. Tomba is nice, with bright colors and fairly good sprites. Might loose to Crash Bandicoot, but still worth a try.

4. The Broken Sword games are always good. I have the PC versions of all three, so I won't say much about the PSX port.

5. You either love or hate Twisted Metal. It has more fun factor in multiplayer.

6. Megaman Legends 2 owns me. Suck a good game. Haven't played the first. Get The Misadventures of Tron Bonne. Same universe, different characters, and it awesome too.

7. Yo won't be getting much out of Policenauts.

8. Fade to Black (although being a semi-sequel to the oh-so-great Flashback) doesn't have much of the "magic" when in 3D.

9. Alone in the Dark is... well, Alone in the Dark. Not as scary as Resident Evil or Silent Hill, but still good.

10. Again, I'd advise you to stay clear to those japanese games, more specifically, Bandai's works. They were intended for japanese players and most of them rely heavily on some anime/manga.

11. Pinobee is Hudson's answer to Rayman. Need I say more? It's entertaining at least.

9. Alone in the Dark is... well, Alone in the Dark. Not as scary as Resident Evil or Silent Hill, but still good.

Alone in the Dark is THE original game to haunt you. And that other game with that red door that was NES.

• 2 weeks later...

Broken Sword is the first adventure game you should ever play, and if its your taste you'll be hooked afterwards.

But towards mainstream interest, Tomba and Mega Man Legends are the apex niche classics (which i imagine is what you're looking for) on the psx, among many.

Edited by iamjack

You should download the old Lesiure Suit Larry games. :(

This is the Playstation forum, not a PC forum. Keep on-topic please

iamjack: Yes, the Broken Sword games are excellent with above average storylines, and the art and voice acting is top-notch.