Quake 4 To be Tested at QuakeCon

While very obvious something Quake related was going to be at QuakeCon. Well here it is.

As if you needed another reason to go whine about not being able to go to QuakeCon’s 10th event, id Software and Activision have made a joint announcement that, at the event, they will showcase Quake 4’s online aspect, which “is based on the speed, style and overall multiplayer feel found in the popular QUAKE III Arena.” That’s quite a statement since Quake III Arena, to me, was basically the most adrenaline-pumping, in-your-face, intense deathmatch experience (that is, until Unreal Tournament 2004).  I just hope they continue to be nice to the mod community and give out some good tools, because one of the most refreshing aspects of Quake III was its customizability.

Also appearing at QuakeCon is Doom 3: Resurrection for the Xbox, which is great and all, but… Quake 4.  That tends to overshadow anything else in my mind.

>>Joystiq

>>Quake 4 Offical Site

Gentlemen, get ready for your minds to be blown out of their heads yet again with another i.d. franchise.

That's really hot. I wish I was going now. :P I thought about attending when registration began but it's a 10 hour drive that I'm not willing to make. Also, it'd be pointless to go and not be part of the BYOC which you can't sign up for anymore. Also, it's not i.d. you n00b.

That's really hot. I wish I was going now. :P I thought about attending when registration began but it's a 10 hour drive that I'm not willing to make. Also, it'd be pointless to go and not be part of the BYOC which you can't sign up for anymore. Also, it's not i.d. you n00b.

Technically id and i.d. work both since their both copyrighted by em!

So that's where people calling them i.d. came from. I always thought people who called them that were stupid because they didn't know what id meant. I think it's one of the best game company names ever.

Meh. :P