Who would play one game for 100s on Hours on end?

heero

but the main point was that he could of stoped playing at anytime... so this so called brain washing wasn't the games falut but the kids cause he has the ability to stop at any time

and then who would think that what you did in a game caould be done in real life..

i mean thats like an old man jumping off an building cause he played a superman game and wanted to fly...

so there blaming the games for what they want to do and have the ability to stop at any time...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i hate to say it but... games do desensitize

You cannot deny that lately games desensitize

BUT the choice to play the game is the kids and the parents should screen the games also there are much much more desensitzing things

Also because violent video games seem to be popular itll always be a heated subject (Thats about 70% of the people i knows reason for hating the gamecube cause it doesnt have alot of violent games)

Games don't have to be violent to be enjoyable. Hell, I even get kicks out of Super Mario Sunshine and Zelda: Wind Waker, and still a lot of people dismiss these games as being too 'kiddy'.

Then again, I just love the heebie-jeebies that the Silent Hill series gives me at 1 am.

Kids and young teens are drawn to mature games because they have the "This game has to be cool because I'm not allowed to play it" mentality. Everything the adults and older kids do seems cooler to them.

Games don't have to be violent to be enjoyable. Hell, I even get kicks out of Super Mario Sunshine and Zelda: Wind Waker, and still a lot of people dismiss these games as being too 'kiddy'.

Then again, I just love the heebie-jeebies that the Silent Hill series gives me at 1 am.

Kids and young teens are drawn to mature games because they have the "This game has to be cool because I'm not allowed to play this" mentality. Everything the adults and older kids do seems more cool to them.

Damn right nyukka.

so then how do you all feel about the raise in the game ratings that people are talking about?

Well, if you want my opinion, the whole thing about San Andreas getting an AO rating was useless, since I consider 'M' (16+ or 18+ according to PEGI) to be adults only.

All in all, the rantings in the USA go way overboard, but over here, the ratings are damn accurate, and I fully support them. Then again, San Andreas is widely sold here with the old rating, and I haven't even seen the new rating. PEGI doesn't even have a rating past 18+.

from what i've heard, UT2007 will have a graphics lock cause of the gory and fighting (I was told this, don't know if true.) so that the blood and fighting can be locked by the parents... even with the expected rating of 18+ i don't think that the game rating will stop the kids under 18 from playing. parents that have no game sence will just go out and buy the game for kids leaving the rating systems with a title of "NO one cares", meaning that no matter what rating they give that games they just don't have the full power yet to stop kids from playing games that are over there rating limit...

what you think?

i only just realised the "M" rating in America was 17 +. in australia its 15+ and AO which im not to sure on but i dont think game ratings should go up due to people being brainwashed. The parent's should realise or they should controll themself's and give themself a time to play and a time to not...

Well, if the ratings in Australia go hand-in-hand with what we have here, San Andreas has been AO since the begginning, and no one complained. :D Does australia use PEGI? It's a PAL area after all.