If my XBox dies im going to be pissed....

Shibathedog

I went with NDURE instead of UXE (Yes it's UXE now), I couldn't understand how to make a go of softmodding at first and it was easier to work with.

Reason why I was a bit more confused than most would be, I was hot swapping my hard drive to my PC, no mem card crap......wtf is the point in owning a memory card when the Xbox has a hard drive? And you need a specific game and a way to get the hacked save onto the memory card........what a pain in the ass.

Now I'm not so sure if I am going to install my X3 again when the pinheader/rebuild PCB gets here. I don't do Xbox Live, and ALL my games work perfectly, whereas I had a couple issues with some games with my X3 installed.

James Bond - Everything Or Nothing would lock up at the 2nd level (Where you start off driving) as soon as you went over the edge of some part. Doesn't do it softmodded......

There were some general issues of occasional dirty disc errors and such with other games that don't happen softmodded either.

It is however a different Xbox now, but it's the EXACT same model down to the drives in it. A 1.6 with a Philips DVD drive if I remember right.......theres also been several X3 bios updates since I last had it in too, who knows, I'll get around to re-installing the X3 at some point.

well... that has nothing to do with the x3 bios

and to contribute to the topic. i would also be very pissed when my xbox dies. ive got mine now for 3 years and never had a problem till now. well i also be carefull with it. i always ftp and just use my dvd rom for ripping my games to my hdd.

yeah i came across some UXE stuff. Wasnt sure if it was the same though.

Right now im thinking some random Emus/DivX playing thingy/GTA:SA on the HDD, but ill probably keep wanting more and more hehe and finally crack it open.

If someone could walk me through this sometime that would be sweet because i have no idea what im doing hehe. Ive opened a friend's xbox and we put a chip in and swapped some hardware but he did all the stuff so thats really the extent of my knowledge.

I've seen more and more on softmodding, it has it's own section on the AID 2.x iso packs. I still don't trust it though. Modchips are pretty cheap and get the job done right. Softmodding doesn't seem like a sure thing to me. I'm no expert though, just my thoughts on it.

Microsoft is annoying maaan. I have the new 1.6b version Xbox now. It came with the new Hitachi drive, and it doesn't read cd-r's what-so-ever. So, I had my buddy that does modchips and stuff replace the drive with a 1.6b Samsung, thinking it would fix the problem, but it seems all the new drives are the same, don't read cd-rs.

And I've been downloading tons of stuff, and am not familiar with the FTP yet, so I've wasted so many dvds just transfering little programs and updates to my xbox. It's really annoying.

Guess I'll have to wait for my friend to get a hold of an older version xbox and switch my drive out with a Phillips. Hopefully it'll be soon. Unless I get FlashFXP to work before then.

By the way, anyone here have the 64mb ram add on to their Xbox? I'm wondering if it's worth it.

Isn't it possible to just toss any Xbox DVD drive in that you want? I'm lead to believe I'm one of the luckier Xbox owners with a Philips drive, I haven't had any problems reading ANY media thus far. I'd swap that mofo out with a Philips.

As for the comment regarding it not being anything to do with the X3 bios that those games had problems. I'm willing to bet it was, they have released builds before that caused certain games to malfunction/not function at all.

As I said though, this was quite awhile ago.........been many months since I had my X3 in.

there was a problem with 007 eoe that needed a fix which i can guess effected you at the time but i have the game burnt and it works fine from dvd-r.

shiba, my guess is the +r discs you got were burnt with the bitsetting for dvd-rom as thats the only way i know it can read +r's

my friend burned them with DVD X Copy so whatever that burns them in, no idea really *shrugs*

Oh and BTW, My friend has a philips and it seems to be really horrible, it wont even load certain commercial games!

One specific example is with the same exact disc, Mine boots Serious Sam, but his always freezes during the end of the loading process.

We both have Live so we both have the newest BIOSes and stuff.