Limiting Fields per second on PJT64

Hey,

I'm using Project 64 and trying to play Zelda, Majora's mask. The main problem I'm having is that when I turn on "limit FPS" (as in Fields per second as I found out via the help file) it limits it at 50 fields per second. This seems MUCH slower than what it should be doing on an N64, and I want to make it limit it at 60 or maybe 70 Fields per second. Is this possible? I'm using Project 64 version 1.6.

Sam

It's not really a problem, it's just a different region. But in your case it can be called a problem. You need to get the USA version of the ROM. It will be denoted as most likely. Did the rom you download have [E]?

bah, gryph beat me to it. But yeah, if you do have the [E] version of MM, then it will run at 50 fps. games meant to run on PAL TV systems can only do 50 fps.

As a general rule, never download E region roms unless you have very bad english skills. Furthermore, U games always run 10fps faster that E ones. The difference comes from PAL vs. NTSC region timings.

• 3 weeks later...

I downloaded the Version of LOZ:MM but it only runds at bout 25 fps on a 64bit 2.8GHz CPU, 512MBgraphics and 1.5GIG of DDR400 Ram...

could this just be a problem with where i got it?

also when i leave the first town and try to go through the forest, the game crashes, any help???