heatsink questions

Ryuken

right now i have a athlon xp 2800+ with this heatsink on it. my cpu temperature is around 49-53 idle, and 56-60 on load. so i think my heatsink isn't good enough. that's y i want to get this but i dunno it it'll make much difference. my case has two fans in the front and one on the back.

i did that already btw the fan on my heatsink is blowing on the heatsink, and i heard somebody saying sucking air out is better but my fan can't be flip since the screws won't go in right that way. so basically that's no other way out. it'll be nice if you guys can find better suited heatsink and /or cheaper than the one i found

It's blowing on the heatsink? That's weird.

But I don't think you'll find a better heatsink at a cheaper price. The only thing I would a problem with using it would be the sound. That's 48 flocking decibels.

I have a SilentBoost (More indepth review) and I love it.

EDIT: Hmm...I take my endorsement back. After reading some reviews it doesn't seem to be that great. It's just flashy looking.

sound doesn't matter to me since i'll be using headphones anyway

To be honest, that isn't a temperature range that is cause for concern with an Athlon XP CPU, they aren't exactly cool running CPUs in the first place. It is a tad higher than one would like, but don't get yourself worked up over it.

Clean everything up, and look up some tutorials for smoothing the surface of a heatsink for it to make better contact.......that may help you some.

I bought a Athlon XP 2800+ with a retail heatsink (came with the boxed version) for a computer I was building. Since Day 1 (before I even formatted the HDD for the first time) the CPU ran at about 110 degrees Farenheit according to the BIOS. I have never had a single problem with stability or noise...ever.

They just run hot and there's nothing you can do about it save purchasing a liquid cooling system. On the flipside, there's nothing you really need to do about it. Like IJTF_Cinder said, don't get worked up over it. Just because they run hot doesn't mean there's something wrong with them.

well, whenever i try to play games then it'll get really hot and my computer will freeze but i put in another fan inside the fan by taping it ro those PCI slot cover and it's blowing at the heatsink so it dropped 2c

if you wanna kill some degrees, i suggest try using arctic silver thermal compound. i have a swiftech heatsink for my atholon 64 3800 and it works well and even came with arctic silver :)

i think the zalman one is proly the best one to get if you really want low temps but that thing is huge and pricey