DSemu-0.4.4 testing

Robert

I tested about 30 bin files, and the results (and bugs) were identical to the previous release.

A byte compare of the exe files showed that only 5 bytes were changed.

Chris can you confirm that this is correct?

I thought while I was testing, I might try out a few new demos, and see what happens. The results were almost always a black screen, except for:

ext_palette1.nds : works, I'm not sure if the colours are correct...

follarium.nds : works - including the touchscreen!! Screens are swapped around.

follarium.bin : no touchscreen, screens are reversed

gorilla.nds : freezes emu

jwpoolDS.nds : top screen black, bottom screen off-white

nds_wins : works! has a notepad, some games and calculators all operated by touch.

emuholic_nibbles : works until play starts, then no snake.

tetris12 (otherwise known as emuholic_tetris or giant_tetris) : works!!

space_invaders.nds : the instructions appear and keep moving from one screen to the other. (*)

taupesDS.bin : intro screen then it stops.

That's about it - the older demos all do the same as in the previous version. The "Close" bug is still there - most of the time.

Edited by robbbert

The ds.dll file should be bigger by about 4KB plus the contents should be different. The changes in this version mainly add features that I don't think many demo's use too much though. Nice to hear some demo's work fully!

I tracked down the cloes bug and it'll be fixed in the next version. I've implemented the DS IPCSYNC register which will be in the next version too. I'd like to try and get some of the graphics issues corrected too so time to learn a bit about DS graphics.

that's good news. You are right about the DLL. :D

With the nds_wins, I now have 2 versions. The earlier one has 6 items, and works in every way, except the top screen is black. The later version has 7 items, and the touchscreen doesn't work. Don't panic; this version doesn't work properly on any emulator.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that since version 0.4.3, DSemu runs much faster than previously. Very welcome!

Edited by robbbert