xbox

1InuYasha

i wanted 2 know if my xecuter 2.6 ce with solderless adapter could be used on the newest xbox system- 1.6 or 1.6b latest?

i have a thompson dvd-rom drive and i wanted 2 know if i buy a new xbox and it came with a better dvd-rom drive can i just switch it with my other xbox dvd-rom drive?

meaning if my xecuter chip won't work on the latest xbox.

Nope, the only adapter compatible with the 1.6 is the SP.I.C.E from Xenium.....supposedly.

As for the drive, totally. You can put a plain ol' drive from your PC in there, mind you it simply won't read retail Xbox games, cause of the firmware.

EXTRA INFO

Quote from Xbox-Scene = Front page on = May 18, 05

"Team Xecuter

We found time to actually finish the Xapt3r v1.6 - can't even tell you how many different designs and ultra fine tweeks we tested to get this working very nicely indeed. We will get it into stores asap."

End Quote

VISIT teamxecuter.com

XENIUM SPICE is on the market now and has been tested to great success.

The Solder-less kits that come with the the chip in a bundle can only be used with the Xenium chip.

The Solder-less adapter sold by itself is different and can be used with a more variety of chips.

VISIT teamxodus.com

Peace

:P

just to note, the current Xapt3r can be used for 1.6 but you'll have to do the 1.6 lpc fix in order for it to work which really isn't hard to do if you're ok with a soldering iron.

also note that if you do go for the 1.6 board, you can't do a ram upgrade if you ever decided to go for it.

Didn't MS go back to the 1.4 mobo? I thought I read that somewhere. if so a brand new xbox would prolly have teh 1.4 then no worries.

well 2 be honest i just want a good dvd-rom drive,but if it also come with the right motherboard then i will place my xecuter 2.6 ce solderless in it.so that will be a brand new xbox with a good dvd-rom drive an modified.sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet

thompson sucks-lol

why not just order a new dvd drive from ebay? save a few bucks.

I have vary few problems with my old thompson, you just have to know what to feed it. mine likes memorex cd-rw x4 and pretty much any dvd-r but almost no dvd+r.

Edited by garageink

just to note, the current Xapt3r can be used for 1.6 but you'll have to do the 1.6 lpc fix in order for it to work which really isn't hard to do if you're ok with a soldering iron.

also note that if you do go for the 1.6 board, you can't do a ram upgrade if you ever decided to go for it.

Please, explain just what in the hell is the point then? If you're gonna do the LPC Rebuild, why bother even spending the money on the Xapter? 90% of the install work on a 1.6 is the LPC Rebuild.

the dude already has a xecuter and xapter already in another box. he just wants a different dvd drive for whatever reason. I agree though if your gonna solder the lpc rebuild it's only a few more minutes to finish teh install with pinheaders or a wire harness.