this is bad

Mag

I'm gonna start by saying how Kaspersky is a real biatch. Not only this thing corrupts window..but now I can't even fix it.

Anyway, long story short.... I have two problem or two ways to fix this. System restore and a fresh reformat.

-System Restore..

I just don't know why it doesn't load, even I tried this in safe mode, the program isn't responding at all. I even tried an alternative way by F8 at start to access to this "system restore" mode and still doesn't work.

-Reformat

Ok, either I'm missing some steps here or it just won't let reformat at all. Let see.. my problem lies in the begining when I'm trying to progress through the XP Pro OS disk. Now the thing is, my keyboard won't respond after the disk loads to the point where it ask you a few key options to activate either to install window, to fix window or to quit. At that point, my keyboard won't respond, and certainly.. not my keyboard's fault. I think I'm missing an important step in reformation.

Anyway, I need some help thx =/

Do you have a USB keyboard? Also, you don't need to format through the Windows install thing. You can just do it straight from a boot up disc using the FORMAT command.

Like this:

C:/> format c:

Your system restore files might have been corrupted by Kaspersky, assuming you're talking about the WinXP system restore.

For the keyboard thing.. that's a weird one. You could try fdisking from a dos boot disk, but you're eventually going to want to install windows anyway, so who knows? That does sound like a decent place to start though.

Have you checked Norton's site for information about this thing? They usually have some tips for reducing the pain of removal.

Do you have a USB keyboard? Also, you don't need to format through the Windows install thing. You can just do it straight from a boot up disc using the FORMAT command.

Like this:

I think I can only do that via that bootdisk floppy, I'm not sure if this applies to the xp cd-rom, anywho. I'm trying to restart everything from start. Meaning going through partitions and so and so. Another alternative way maybe (full reformat) ??

Your system restore files might have been corrupted by Kaspersky, assuming you're talking about the WinXP system restore.

For the keyboard thing.. that's a weird one.  You could try fdisking from a dos boot disk, but you're eventually going to want to install windows anyway, so who knows?  That does sound like a decent place to start though.

Have you checked Norton's site for information about this thing?  They usually have some tips for reducing the pain of removal.

Yes, I might assume thats the cause of why I couldn't access to it. About the keyboard issue, fdisking ?? anyway, lets just say I can't install window if this thing won't budget or in that case.

no I can't get online for some reason, it was after I install system restore service (it was from a site, which download files into i361 or something.. and ask for the xp disk for installation. Since then, I can't access online for some reason. I try to revert the changes but no clue how).

Like this:

I think I can only do that via that bootdisk floppy, I'm not sure if this applies to the xp cd-rom, anywho. I'm trying to restart everything from start. Meaning going through partitions and so and so. Another alternative way maybe (full reformat) ??

Yesh, boot floppy disk is what I meant. And to make your new partitions, you have to use FDISK (which Daeval mentioned) and you have to format your drive after that anyway.